I can never go back to a "regular" phone!

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So, today I had to go back to my Droid Pro to get some info I've neglected to move to my GN2 and I swear lt like I was on some sort of toy phone! If I hadn't spent a year using the Pro daily and (kind of) liking it I wouldn't believe I was on an actual 'adult' cell phone... it was like something you'd give a baby to play with!! LOL! I will never be able to go back to anything smaller than my Note 2 again.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday. After pouring the Note next to the nexus to compare and transfer some files via NFC, an I may say, I can never go back to something smaller. I'm still shocked. I don't know if I don't like the note or if I'm just in disbelief because it's so perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my wife's iPhone tonight after being on the N2 for a week. I cannot believe the difference in comparison in such a short period of time. It really did feel like a toy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I would be able to go back to a smaller sized phone. Many of my friends have the GS3 (based on my recommendations over an iPhone :)) and even that feels small. Granted, a 4.8" screen vs a 5.5" screen a 4.8" would seem small but back when I first got the GS3 I thought to myself I would never be able to get something bigger than this. Now this just feels normal, yea its a pain sometimes for smaller pockets but you get use to it.

I actually picked it up next to my parent's iPhone 5s yesterday and the iPhone feels so small and actually feels unnatural to hold in the hand. Granted, the iPhone 5 never felt natural to me since its the same width, but just longer.

Personally, I like the size of both the GS3 and Note 2. You really can't go wrong with either phone, but for me I really do think it would be a big adjusting period to go back to a smaller phone.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I would be able to go back to a smaller sized phone. Many of my friends have the GS3 (based on my recommendations over an iPhone :)) and even that feels small. Granted, a 4.8" screen vs a 5.5" screen a 4.8" would seem small but back when I first got the GS3 I thought to myself I would never be able to get something bigger than this. Now this just feels normal, yea its a pain sometimes for smaller pockets but you get use to it.

I actually picked it up next to my parent's iPhone 5s yesterday and the iPhone feels so small and actually feels unnatural to hold in the hand. Granted, the iPhone 5 never felt natural to me since its the same width, but just longer.

Personally, I like the size of both the GS3 and Note 2. You really can't go wrong with either phone, but for me I really do think it would be a big adjusting period to go back to a smaller phone.

I agree. I have noticed with smaller phones, they would rotate sideways in my pocket sometimes and would annoy me. The note 2 is sized to the point that never happens. Strange, but the larger size is actually more convenient for me.

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my wife's iPhone tonight after being on the N2 for a week. I cannot believe the difference in comparison in such a short period of time. It really did feel like a toy.

Take the battery out of your note and place it over the iPhone screen, hilarious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woodsy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I shamed my friends when I pulled out my big 5.5 incher. They stared in awe as the women flocked to it in order to just touch it. My girlfriend honestly can't keep her hands off of it. Heck neither can I!

Sent from the greatest phone in the world, The Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I shamed my friends when I pulled out my big 5.5 incher. They stared in awe as the women flocked to it in order to just touch it. My girlfriend honestly can't keep her hands off of it. Heck neither can I!

Sent from the greatest phone in the world, The Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

So size DOES matter, haha! My GF is also impressed with my Note 2 size! :) Using my Note 2 for GPS navigation with the 5.5" screen is fantastic!!

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I have noticed with smaller phones, they would rotate sideways in my pocket sometimes and would annoy me. The note 2 is sized to the point that never happens. Strange, but the larger size is actually more convenient for me.

Bet it is!!! But seriously I can't freggin wait to get this beast!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So size DOES matter, haha! My GF is also impressed with my Note 2 size! :) Using my Note 2 for GPS navigation with the 5.5" screen is fantastic!!

The Note 2 screen is bigger than my portable GPS screen.... I am seriously never going to use my Garmin GPS and just get a car charger and use Google Maps.

rohanlady4

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hubby got my old Thunderbolt. Since he's tech-clueless, I'm always having to grab my old phone and do things for him. I have a hard time believing I used it for almost 2 years. The day I got my N2, my boss saw it and fell in love. Last week he came back to the office with one of his own. Asked what he likes best about the N2, he said, "Its BIG!".

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 screen is bigger than my portable GPS screen.... I am seriously never going to use my Garmin GPS and just get a car charger and use Google Maps.

Actually, there are times when you will still need to use your Garmin GPS unit, versus your phone. That's because if you do car camping like I do out in the mountains, you will lose cell phone signal and your phone GPS will stop working. However, the Garmin standalone unit will continue working even in the middle of nowhere practically. I have experienced this many times. That's why I still keep my Garmin unit handy for whenever I drive out to the boonies.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
you know the same thing happened to me. I felt like time was standing still using my Droid Maxx. Love my Note 2. Wonder what next Christmas will bring.

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually, there are times when you will still need to use your Garmin GPS unit, versus your phone. That's because if you do car camping like I do out in the mountains, you will lose cell phone signal and your phone GPS will stop working. However, the Garmin standalone unit will continue working even in the middle of nowhere practically. I have experienced this many times. That's why I still keep my Garmin unit handy for whenever I drive out to the boonies.

I do a lot of hunting a camping. I use Locus Maps, you can download maps of the area you will be in and does not need cell signal, as good or better that any GPS I have used.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't think I would get rid of my Garmin either. I use my phone as a phone a lot and I want to have the navigation running separately so I don't lose focus of where I am going. My fear would be that I would be on a call and I would miss directions, etc. It would be nice to get rid of one device though.