Stock email program

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of I'm going crazy but I sware the background color on the email was white now all of a sudden it is black. Can someone conferm this. I cannot find the option to change it.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen anything like that after playing around with the stock email app. Usually the only way that you could change the colors of built in apps like that is to flash a ROM that is themed but since it sounds like you haven't done that I don't know for sure. Does it make it unreadable?

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Grey letters on black is very hard to read out in the sun light until you open the email the it reverses. But I am almost sure it was white with black text before. I think I will Odin the rom again and see if that fixes it. I noticed this change when I edited my features .xml file to add the camera shutter sound control. However I have replaced the file with the backup and no change.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Grey letters on black is very hard to read out in the sun light until you open the email the it reverses. But I am almost sure it was white with black text before. I think I will Odin the rom again and see if that fixes it. I noticed this change when I edited my features .xml file to add the camera shutter sound control. However I have replaced the file with the backup and no change.

Can you please screen capture this and post

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
This is what it looks like when I open the email app

i-fPpBQLb-XL.png

And this is what it looks like when I open the message

i-4T4Fhmv-XL.png

It used to open in white with black text. I am sure of it. If there is no fix I think I will Odin the rom again and see .

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what it looks like when I open the email app

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-fPpBQLb/0/XL/i-fPpBQLb-XL.png

And this is what it looks like when I open the message

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-4T4Fhmv/0/XL/i-4T4Fhmv-XL.png

It used to open in white with black text. I am sure of it. If there is no fix I think I will Odin the rom again and see .

I actually would prefer it black as it uses less battery. What rom are you currently using. And you said you made some xml changes or something. What was the change you made exactly

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I am on stock rom, the changes were to activate the camera shutter sound control (system/csc/features.xml) which did not work. It's no big deal I can live with black, just I am sure it used to be white. Some day I will have to Odin the rom again and then I will know weather I was dreaming or not.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am on stock rom, the changes were to activate the camera shutter sound control (system/csc/features.xml) which did not work. It's no big deal I can live with black, just I am sure it used to be white. Some day I will have to Odin the rom again and then I will know weather I was dreaming or not.

Try settings> applications> all> email> clear data

This will wipe the app. Then re-enter the app and resync. Let me know if it changes back to white

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is white. Try calling Samsung directly but I suggest from a landline so they can trouble shoot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you choose to switch email apps Aquamail gives this flexibility and is a great app with tons of customization.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii