Man this phone is slippery

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone is very slippery without a case. I'm waiting for my case to come in the mail. I almost dropped it twice. Samsung should have made the back just like the htc phones with a soft more gripping feel. I hope I can manage to keep this phone from slipping tell then. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is a bit slippery. I ordered this case from Amazon, it came in 2 days! Not sure if guys would like this style/bulk type of case, but as a woman I like it very much! It feels good holding it and feels secure.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361038886169.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361038886169.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 309

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The phone can be a bit slippery at times without a case (for me due to the edges not so much the back as I prefer to hold it that way). But after a while, it's something I've adjusted to and no longer have any worries about dropping it. I had to make that adjustment though as I just don't like how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself. I do however have to use a holster (on my previous phones) or now with the Note 2 a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise I feel there is too much potential for something to scratch the screen just sitting directly in a pocket or that it's not secure enough and may fall out too easily. But to each their own, what ever you're most comfortable with. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
two words: Otterbox Defender

:)

No way..I had the Otterbox Commuter on my S3 for a week, it was much too bulky and the Commuter was less bulky than the Defender. A Defender case would make this phone literally impossible for me to use.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The phone can be a bit slippery at times without a case (for me due to the edges not so much the back as I prefer to hold it that way). But after a while, it's something I've adjusted to and no longer have any worries about dropping it. I had to make that adjustment though as I just don't like how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself. I do however have to use a holster (on my previous phones) or now with the Note 2 a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise I feel there is too much potential for something to scratch the screen just sitting directly in a pocket or that it's not secure enough and may fall out too easily. But to each their own, what ever you're most comfortable with. :)

That Samsung shell I posted is great, same look and feel, except a rubbery edge. "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" laser cut into the back of the shell, same feel as the phone, no bulk. It's limited protection, but better than nothing.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's actually less slippery than the S3.

I got a snap on small case from Samsung that I got after I got a 50% discount from Samsung after registering my phone with them. This was $15 has a year warranty. I got pink, cause I'm a pink loving girl, they have other colors.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EFC-1J9BPEGSTA

I had the Black one and returned it. Case was too much of a finger print magnet for my taste. Yes, that drives me rather nuts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. I ordered a cases and received it broken so I just have to wait for the other one. I don't know how much I would like a flip case. I guess I would have to use it and see.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha..figured if you bought the black one. I think they are made of the polycarbonate also, bet a black N2 would do the same thing.

I may end up dealing with the finger prints. I love how the case felt overall and honestly it could be worse. Nothing like an OEM look. I wish they made one with a Titanium back so its less noticeable though.

pd240

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am really trying and keep this phone without a case. I bought the official samsung pouch so hopefully that will protect it while I am carrying it around.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I may end up dealing with the finger prints. I love how the case felt overall and honestly it could be worse. Nothing like an OEM look. I wish they made one with a Titanium back so its less noticeable though.

I really like this case, it's pretty close in look and feel and no bulk, but it is limited protection..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87