Worth $300.00?

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Quick story (slash) rant about the Best Buy 15day return policy...

Back in October, I pickup a WiFi USB device from Best Buy and paid $63 for it. I got it home and found out I didn't need it. The wife put it in a draw with the receipt & device still in the bag. Of course I forgot about it until last week. I grab the bag/receipt and the (STILL SEALED Device) and went over to exchange it for a store credit. I was going to get memory & a case for my phone.

I waited in line for 20 mins, got up to the counter and they refused to return or exchange for store credit the sealed & unopened device. I asked to speak to the manager. Over came this punk cocky kid that refused to give an ounce of interested on what I was asking, saying that I was going to use the credit to make another purchase that day. So RUDE that he called me "dude"... well I lost it to say that least. I then told him that was the wrong receipt that I gave him and that I lost the original one... he laughed and told me that there was nothing he could do and walked away from me. So then I really lost it. and started screaming on my way out of the store. "Don't purchase anything at Best Buys" .... "They copied information from my hard drive"... etc... the whole way out the door. Childish I know... but it was either that or grab that punk kid by the throat...

So, on my drive home I figured, why not go to another best buy and just tell them that I lost the receipt... So I did... went up to the counter (WITHOUT a receipt this time) and nicely said the wife picked this up last week and she can't find the receipt, I'm looking to pickup some memory and a case for my phone, is it possible to get a store credit.. Absolutely, we'll be happy to... so I got my money back and did just that...

So, Todd (from Best Buy), if your reading this thread, GO #%@%# I got my money back anyway... PS: You really stink and need a shower...

Yes, I'm still a little bitter...lol... Sorry, maybe this story wasn't so quick... but thought I would share it with you guys/gals....

Have a Great Night... 80)

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Quick story (slash) rant about the Best Buy 15day return policy...

Back in October, I pickup a WiFi USB device from Best Buy and paid $63 for it. I got it home and found out I didn't need it. The wife put it in a draw with the receipt & device still in the bag. Of course I forgot about it until last week. I grab the bag/receipt and the (STILL SEALED Device) and went over to exchange it for a store credit. I was going to get memory & a case for my phone.

I waited in line for 20 mins, got up to the counter and they refused to return or exchange for store credit the sealed & unopened device. I asked to speak to the manager. Over came this punk cocky kid that refused to give an ounce of interested on what I was asking, saying that I was going to use the credit to make another purchase that day. So RUDE that he called me "dude"... well I lost it to say that least. I then told him that was the wrong receipt that I gave him and that I lost the original one... he laughed and told me that there was nothing he could do and walked away from me. So then I really lost it. and started screaming on my way out of the store. "Don't purchase anything at Best Buys" .... "They copied information from my hard drive"... etc... the whole way out the door. Childish I know... but it was either that or grab that punk kid by the throat...

So, on my drive home I figured, why not go to another best buy and just tell them that I lost the receipt... So I did... went up to the counter (WITHOUT a receipt this time) and nicely said the wife picked this up last week and she can't find the receipt, I'm looking to pickup some memory and a case for my phone, is it possible to get a store credit.. Absolutely, we'll be happy to... so I got my money back and did just that...

So, Todd (from Best Buy), if your reading this thread, GO #%@%# I got my money back anyway... PS: You really stink and need a shower...

Yes, I'm still a little bitter...lol... Sorry, maybe this story wasn't so quick... but thought I would share it with you guys/gals....

Have a Great Night... 80)

Well thing is, we are entitled to deny any return or exchange. Specially after such long time after the return policy, anyways most of the time we'll take care of the customer. But people like to take advantage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh was going to say if you were in my area you could have came to my store and I woulda hooked you up! Lol

That's nice! I got my note 2 for $37(through price matching error, afaik, $50 is the lowest anyone has legitimately gotten the note 2 from best buy through price match and gc, though, best buy no longer price matches contract phones ), but it glad that you are willing to help out.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
See, I think that's the issue, there is this False thought process of entitlement (with some people, not everyone), I think Entitled is a poor choice of words... a better choice might be, expected to follow the company policy on returns or exchanges. What "we" the consumer(s) are "entitled" to is respectful, courteous customer service. By the same token, I also agree that the employees should not have to undergo the rudeness of a customer if the customer initiates the conversation in that manor. In this situation that was not the case.

I agree with you it was a long time, but the item was never opened, damaged and still shrink wrapped in the package. Further, the item was still in production an on the store shelves and could be sold as new. Unfortunately there was not a second of thought of the situation on his part, plus his added cockiness and disrespect, I'm sorry, but there was no excuse, NOR the entitlement to speak to anyone in the rude manor as such. To the point that, had the situation been outside at an event probably would have ended much differently. I will also agree with you that some customers do take advantage of the return policy...

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
See, I think that's the issue, there is this False thought process of entitlement (with some people, not everyone), I think Entitled is a poor choice of words... a better choice might be, expected to follow the company policy on returns or exchanges. What "we" the consumer(s) are "entitled" to is respectful, courteous customer service. By the same token, I also agree that the employees should not have to undergo the rudeness of a customer if the customer initiates the conversation in that manor. In this situation that was not the case.

I agree with you it was a long time, but the item was never opened, damaged and still shrink wrapped in the package. Further, the item was still in production an on the store shelves and could be sold as new. Unfortunately there was not a second of thought of the situation on his part, plus his added cockiness and disrespect, I'm sorry, but there was no excuse, NOR the entitlement to speak to anyone in the rude manor as such. To the point that, had the situation been outside at an event probably would have ended much differently. I will also agree with you that some customers do take advantage of the return policy...

I was never by any means defending the person you spoke to. Pleasing the customer is always the top priority, but like I said. It is up to the manager, sales rep, or whoever you are speaking to, to make the decision. At that point in time you were at the mercy of whatever they chose to do with you. But It even says on your receipt that we have the right to deny any return or exchange. But, you're right in no way shape or form was he supposed to treat you like that. I suggest you find out who the district manager is for that area and contact them because that guy doesn't sound like he should be in a retail environment. The one thing I hate dealing with is rude people. I do my best to take care of customers, and when one comes to me rude and angry I send them right out the door, because that's not the treatment I give out.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have to deal with rude ppl all the time. I don't understand why they think they have to treat be or anyone rudely. I will get an attitude and have actually told a customer to take it down a notch. I am a manager and won't allow me or my staff to be treated rudely.
if customers could walk in our shoes for a day maybe they would behave differently.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

ohnelson77

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my note 2 for a month now, and it was worth every penny of the $150 I paid for at best buy. Thanks to the people on here, I patiently waited for the right deal and the great people at best buy to price match amazon's $199 plus a $50 gift card.

I came from a razr maxx, which at the time I thought had great battery life (9 hours with bluetooth and wifi off and heavy phone, email, internet, and texting usage). I now last 16 hours a day, with the same usage and wifi, bluetooth, and gps running at all times!!!

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have to deal with rude ppl all the time. I don't understand why they think they have to treat be or anyone rudely. I will get an attitude and have actually told a customer to take it down a notch. I am a manager and won't allow me or my staff to be treated rudely.
if customers could walk in our shoes for a day maybe they would behave differently.

Exactly, I'm a manager as well and I don't tolerate it at all. Come to me straight or don't come to me at all, because I have the right to kick you out of my store.

maronpatsy

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It was nowhere near the cap.
17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have always found that being polite but firm is best for me. Also, keep up with the rules of the store. I was at best buy one time, they insisted that they could not price match because of policy. I politely asked to see the policy (I know the policy since I read it online). They weren't able to print me a copy. I asked to see it online, they couldn't show it to me either but did let me pm, before their policy changed

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Am I able to use an upgrade for my line at Best Buy to get the Note II and then put my iPhone 4S back on my line and use the Note II as a PDA without being dinged with a secondary ETF?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Am I able to use an upgrade for my line at Best Buy to get the Note II and then put my iPhone 4S back on my line and use the Note II as a PDA without being dinged with a secondary ETF?

Yes

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It just sucks that bb no longer matches contract phones. That's only reason I renewed there. Only way I'll use bb again is if they have the best price which lately they have but Amazon has been beating them once in a while. Maybe they'll bring the policy back once they start losing customers again.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

shouse3

May 11, 2012
Visit site
It is worth every penny I got mine from Best Buy for $199.99 with an upgrade on Verizon. I got lucky and found the sale was about to end the next day!

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It just sucks that bb no longer matches contract phones. That's only reason I renewed there. Only way I'll use bb again is if they have the best price which lately they have but Amazon has been beating them once in a while. Maybe they'll bring the policy back once they start losing customers again.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

BB prices are usually cheaper. Most of the time, amazon has a secondary etf, you can't do alternate upgrades or wiggle around with accounts, or have someone to transfer your information and get you set up. Don't sleep on the benefit of having someone help you every step of the way. Most consumers value that, amazon's prices also seem to affect a certain aspect, and what I mean by this is that some of their specials are for "new lines" and the upgrade price is different. I still price match in my store, but in a way that is not detrimental to my business. Either way, I think it was a good move.

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Just saw note 2 at Costco this weekend.

It's around $220 before taxes. Verizon is the carrier.

Swyped from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

Asadian

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
After using the device for some time I can say with a %100 certainty this device is worth $300 and then some. Hands down the most fluid, Speedy, Enjoyable, crash free, Lag free, just all around problem free Android experience I have ever had on a device. I've gone from Droid X>Fascinate>Galaxy s2>Galaxy S3>Droid DNA>NOTE 2. I had the DNA for like a week because it was cheaper and I was enticed by the 1080p display. It was a great phone but even with the S4 pro (which I didn't really see a difference. N2 actually feels faster) the DNA could not hold a candle to this device. The screen was beautiful but then again so is the display on the Note 2. i would say just as good to be honest. Every day I had with the DNA all I could think about was my regret not grabbing this huge beautiful BEAST.

All that aside I got bought mine for $200 from HH Kregg after returning the DNA. Verizon seems to be the only one charging that price still. I bought my Droid X from VZW when first signing with them. I was pissed when I walked out of the VZW store and into WalMart; where I saw the exact same phone I just bought offered on the exact same plan for $100 cheaper. It was then I realized VZW is a COMPLETE RIP OFF!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
After using the device for some time I can say with a %100 certainty this device is worth $300 and then some. Hands down the most fluid, Speedy, Enjoyable, crash free, Lag free, just all around problem free Android experience I have ever had on a device. I've gone from Droid X>Fascinate>Galaxy s2>Galaxy S3>Droid DNA>NOTE 2. I had the DNA for like a week because it was cheaper and I was enticed by the 1080p display. It was a great phone but even with the S4 pro (which I didn't really see a difference. N2 actually feels faster) the DNA could not hold a candle to this device. The screen was beautiful but then again so is the display on the Note 2. i would say just as good to be honest. Every day I had with the DNA all I could think about was my regret not grabbing this huge beautiful BEAST.

All that aside I got bought mine for $200 from HH Kregg after returning the DNA. Verizon seems to be the only one charging that price still. I bought my Droid X from VZW when first signing with them. I was pissed when I walked out of the VZW store and into WalMart; where I saw the exact same phone I just bought offered on the exact same plan for $100 cheaper. It was then I realized VZW is a COMPLETE RIP OFF!!

Verizon price is usually more expensive than 3rd party. I got my note 2 for $37, if I bought directly from Verizon, or would have been $300. A few years ago, I got Verizons first HD smartphone for $50 within 2 weeks of release. Directly from Verizon would have been $300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress