Does the N2 have the antifingerprint antiscratch coating the GNex has?

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
It's kinda petty but I'm tired of the smear marks distorting the screen. I miss the the no smear coating on my Galaxy Nexus.

Just to clarify I'm using a screen protector. Which I will remove if it has antifingerprint coating. :p

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I always carry my phones naked in a microfiber sunglass baggie. It protects it and wipes the screen in and out of the bag.

As for the screen, I had the Galaxy Nexus for the past year and a half. The antifingerprint coating is very effective. I miss it. I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Can LinoPhobia or MaculoPhobia be a real thing? Aversion to smears and scratches respectively. :D

LOL, not sure about those. But I do have some type of "condition" where I absolutely can't stand finger prints or any type of smudge on the screen. So I tend to be pretty obsessive about making sure my hands are clean before touching the screen. It's also one of the big reasons I lean toward using the S-Pen more often than not. An ounce of prevention... :)

In comparison, my girl's phone and tablet are so smeared with "finger grease", it's often hard to see past it to what's displayed on the screen. Also can't imagine what germs are floating on there too! Yuck. :eek:

Mbode1

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Some of the screen protectors also help with this problem. Verizon even sells one. However like I said in another post, i think they make the screen seem grainy.

Sent from my recliner, using my arthritic thumbs.

sanchez2005

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I use wax detailer. It extend the time between wipes and it makes really smooth. That's on my screen protector from verizon store never try it on the screen it self but it should work as well.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've used a lot of different brand screen protectors over the last 8 years or so. I can say without a doubt the Verizon official ones are smooth as glass and have yet to distort my screen quality whatsoever. The only protectors that did this are the thick wet applied ones like Zagg's Invisible Shield. Otherwise yeah this dry apply Verizon protector is incredible. Just make absolutely sure you get no dust or fuzz particles under the protector because it will drive you nuts and there's really no re-using them. Apparently if you go into a bathroom and start a hot hot shower, the steam in the room helps keeps particles from floating around and makes it a lot cleaner for applying protectors. Give it a shot.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I lasted as long as I could. However naked is how I roll!

I'm pretty sure I was using the official Verizon screen protectors but I just couldn't live with the smears. I have dry fingers because I wash my hands to much and I still had enough oil on my finger prints to see rainbows in bright sections of screen. I took the SP off and it does appear to have the antifingerprint coating the GN has. I just hope I don't mar it up using the stylus on a naked screen. :-$

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I lasted as long as I could. However naked is how I roll!

I'm pretty sure I was using the official Verizon screen protectors but I just couldn't live with the smears. I have dry fingers because I wash my hands to much and I still had enough oil on my finger prints to see rainbows in bright sections of screen. I took the SP off and it does appear to have the antifingerprint coating the GN has. I just hope I don't mar it up using the stylus on a naked screen. :-$

FYI, I've been using the S-Pen extensively on a naked screen with no detectable scratches at all. I think the key is to ensure the S-Pen stays clean. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc