10-22-2013 05:22 PM
68 123
tools
    I was able to add a dumb phone line last time and was able to keep my unlimited. Wondering how it could work this time?
    Not sure. I've never used that method, prefer the simplest route of just paying full retail and be done with it. But this thread may help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-verizon.html
    10-02-2013 01:19 PM
    Erica Griffin
    Ok, I have a Note 3 in hand.

No Galaxy gear yet as it was not being sold. But my first impression is that I am not happy with the pixel density! It's laughable compared to other Android phones out. That diamond pixel penile matrix is definitely more noticeable here.

Also my display is two toned, yellow and more close to white half way down the display so I will definitely be exchanging this when I get a moment.

I also notice that my speaker crackles at max volume and the plastic grooved sides of this phone make it feel like a cheap China toy.

Note 2 was definitely more impressive to me. This phone is making me sad lol. Hopefully I will warm up and learn to like it.
    10-02-2013 02:38 PM
    What carrier? Yours is definitely defective

Good Luck, Jon
    10-02-2013 02:42 PM
    Erica Griffin

No Galaxy gear yet as it was not being sold. But my first impression is that I am not happy with the pixel density! It's laughable compared to other Android phones out. That diamond pixel penile matrix is definitely more noticeable here.

Also my display is two toned, yellow and more close to white half way down the display so I will definitely be exchanging this when I get a moment.

I also notice that my speaker crackles at max volume and the plastic grooved sides of this phone make it feel like a cheap China toy.

Note 2 was definitely more impressive to me. This phone is making me sad lol. Hopefully I will warm up and learn to like it.
    This was the main reason I sold my Note 2 and why I am not buying another Samsung product.
    10-02-2013 02:43 PM
    Erica Griffin

Not good, not good at all. This is the kind reason I wanted to hold off just a bit. I hope that this doesn't become a trend.
    10-02-2013 03:17 PM
    What carrier? Yours is definitely defective

Good Luck, Jon
    Its not mine. I copied that so that people could see it before they make a decision they regret

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    10-02-2013 04:10 PM
    I may be in the minority here but i'm a little sick of the size of my N2 so no N3 for me. Love watching movies on the bigger screen but I have a tablet for that. I use my phone for a lot of things from listening to music at the gym to invoicing and credit card processing for my contracting company. Getting to be a bit much to tote. Think i'm going back to a more pocketable phone plus I have small hands. Think I'm going either Nexus 5 or Moto X. Some snappy more pure Android action.
    10-02-2013 04:43 PM
    I may be in the minority here but i'm a little sick of the size of my N2 so no N3 for me. Love watching movies on the bigger screen but I have a tablet for that. I use my phone for a lot of things from listening to music at the gym to invoicing and credit card processing for my contracting company. Getting to be a bit much to tote. Think i'm going back to a more pocketable phone plus I have small hands. Think I'm going either Nexus 5 or Moto X. Some snappy more pure Android action.
    to each their own i guess, but i think i might find it really annoying to go to a smaller screen. i might get used to it over time, but to me, going back to a smaller screen would be like going back to dial up after having cable internet
    10-02-2013 05:46 PM
    Man, I'm glad I don't feel the need to get new phones every time they come out with one. Much easier on the wallet.

The Note2 is about the perfect tool for me, personally. I have no interest in getting something else, and I don't think I will even when my upgrade becomes available.
    almath likes this.
    10-02-2013 05:51 PM
    I'm sticking with my Note 2. I've had it since launch and with the latest stable CyanogenMod Rom install I'm very happy with its performance. It's just not at all lacking for me.

That being said I really wasn't very impressed with the design of the Note 3. Sure the Note 2 is no piece of art but at least it simply designed and that's OK.... But the Note 3, pure cheese. The ribbed chrome plastic sides, the plastic textured back. No thanks. Minor spec bump and an ugly make over.

Sent from New Jersey. now Free
    10-02-2013 08:16 PM
    ...Minor spec bump and an ugly make over.

Well, that's certainly one perspective.

Note 8.0 via Tapatalk IV
    10-02-2013 08:24 PM
    Well, that's certainly one perspective.

Note 8.0 via Tapatalk IV
    Sorry I'm usually not so polar but the Note 3 disappointed me.

10-02-2013 08:29 PM
    No device can please everyone. There's people who love and swear by the iPhone. Needless to say, I'm not one of them.

Note 8.0 via Tapatalk IV
    petaf likes this.
    10-02-2013 08:37 PM
    Was on the fence too, but I've decided to pass on the Note 3 and stick with my Note 2. It still works great and does everything I need. Also just don't feel the Note 3 is compelling enough of an upgrade to justify spending full retail again (to keep unlimited data). I'm content to wait for the Note 4.
    Yeah, Me too.
    10-04-2013 07:32 AM
    So excited!! Just finished mailing off my Note 2 that I sold last night for a price slightly less than my Device Payment Plan balance (will be using that to pay off that balance with the quick (the Note 2 is a really good phone, but I got enamored with the Note 3's specs and like that while the screen is bigger, the phone appears to be the same size as the Note 2.) The full HD, faster processor, better S-Pen functionality...I was sold.

So now I'm back on crappy Droid Charge until Note 3 is out.
    10-04-2013 08:47 AM
    Well, I had a busy morning since I wrote that post. Went over to Best Buy and waited in line. Guess which phone people were wanting.....? LOL.

If you're a Sprint or AT&T guy, this location definitely had that phone--the Note 3! One guy even bought the phone AND the Galaxy Gear, and he was gracious enough to let me hold the Note 3 and the watch. He explained to me that he had a $200 gift card, so he just used that and paid the balance. Was talking to another guy who was getting the Note 3 for Sprint...I was like wow, you're spending $50 more for that. Everyone was in such a good mood to buy their Note 3; really is a hot phone and that fake leather is NOT disgusting. Felt very comfortable to grab. In any event, I can confirm that the Note 3 is NOT going to come out today for Verizon; it will be at Best Buy on the 10th, so I'll just want for the email.

In the meantime, I had to go to the Corporate Verizon store (same area as this Best Buy) I had to pay off my Device Payment Plan for the Note 2 (which was about ~$50 more than what I sold it, but that's fine and was expected. I guess I needed to wait for the system to clear, because the lady who was doing my Droid Charge replacement (to another Galaxy S3!!! YAY!!!!) was trying to give me not one, but two Note 2s!! Told her she made a mistake and her manager said she couldn't cancel the orders, but did give me a S3 in addition to the two Note 2s. Of course, I give Verizon 611 a call and explain the situation, and they will cancel the delivery from the FedEx side and if worse comes to worse, if the deliveries do go through to just return the Note 2s. Told him fair enough, and to answer that question, I'm not trying to have Verizon charge me full price for either/both of those phones. The S3 for my purposes is very good (that's going to pay for my Note 3 when I do Alternate Upgrade...CLN device, baby; just as good as new!!!)

So this was a busy morning, but Verizon customers should see the Note 3 on the 10th. From what I've seen though, it is a BEAUTIFUL phone. I am jealous of Sprint/AT&T folks....lmao.
    CR6 and Jay Sacks like this.
    10-04-2013 12:41 PM
    I might pass on the Note 3 & keep the Note 2....however I MIGHT get the Note 10.1 (2014)...I like the idea of the S pen on a larger screen...I've been using the S pen on the Note 2 less & less lately. But on a tablet I think a pen is intuitive and natural...but I'll wait until I can play with the 10.1 before I decide
    10-07-2013 08:33 PM
    Already did, could not be more pleased.
    10-07-2013 08:56 PM
    Was on the fence too, but I've decided to pass on the Note 3 and stick with my Note 2. It still works great and does everything I need. Also just don't feel the Note 3 is compelling enough of an upgrade to justify spending full retail again (to keep unlimited data). I'm content to wait for the Note 4.
    I was going to hold off for a while until I found a good deal, but saw the note 3 for $90 and couldn't resist. I only did it because I had upgrades available. If not, I certainly wouldn't pay full retail for the phone, though etf method would save you quite a bit at the $90 price, if you could get it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4
    10-12-2013 08:48 AM
    I bounce around between HTC One and my Note 2 (one SIM). Thoroughly spoiled lol. If the next Nexus is fabulous I might sell 'em both and settle down. I'm getting a bit tired of upgrading my tech so often.
    10-12-2013 10:03 AM
    I'm just going to put it like this, Note 3 really is the best phone out there, period. I had the Note 2 for a couple of months, but I was not really happy with it; I guess because it was known that the Note 3 was coming out. Also, I wanted to get out of Device Payment Plan and do Alternate Upgrade for this phone.

The Note 3 is a phone I can deal with for a couple of years and not want to jump on Note 4, regardless of whatever features. I am sure whatever issues the Note 3 has, will be resolved with either a software update and/or warranty replacement when that time come. I have a cheap Ventev silicone case until my wallet case comes on Monday. I've been listening to my Google Play Music through my car (on high, no cache and always on unlimited data....) I've actually called a couple of people, and I set up Talkatone and SMS and calls have been using my sweet data like champion through the Note 3.

I like this phone and with its specs (full HD on the Device, no more b'ch-a-- 720p for ya boy. [bonus, what movie?]) I didn't go wrong and neither will someone else on the fence about keeping their Note 2. Though I do stress, the Note 2 is still a fine phone...but if you're in the mood for more, the Note 3 is a better phone by far! But the Note 2 is still a fine phone. The guy who bought mine found to be an extreme upgrade from his phone which was one of the first 4G LTE phones on Verizon. If the Note 3 wasn't out, I'd have kept it for sure.
    10-12-2013 10:54 AM
    I'm just going to put it like this, Note 3 really is the best phone out there, period.
    As much as I want to outright agree with this I think it'd be more accurate to say it's the best phablet out there. If you're the kind of person that finds the Note 3's size offensive I don't think you'd consider to be the best. For me? It's the best. Period.
    10-12-2013 11:19 AM
    Erica Griffin

I never wanna have vision so good that I can point out pixel patterns on a phone screen ... I saw her review and couldn't help but to think "well then don't magnify the damn thing then!!" I don't own a GN3 yet but my brother has his and when I held it next to my GN2 I thought the new screen was sharp, bright and beautiful. I can understand pointing out pixel patterns for the sake of informing and educating people but I cant imagine someone holding this phone for the first time and saying "Oh this would be perfect if it wasn't for this damn pixel density, oh well." She's definitely a brilliant reviewer and maybe I'm too dumb to know better ... but in THIS case I'd rather remain "dumb" and just enjoy the damn phone.

just my $.02
    cg101 and DefectiveWeeble like this.
    10-12-2013 11:51 AM
    As much as I want to outright agree with this I think it'd be more accurate to say it's the best phablet out there. If you're the kind of person that finds the Note 3's size offensive I don't think you'd consider to be the best. For me? It's the best. Period.
    Why don't I take your argument a step further, then? My mom hates smartphones. She'd be happy with either of the flips I use for my basic lines. She'd find a smartphone of any size to be "offensive" because she would never be able to navigate the Internet. In fact, she doesn't even like to text.

Point being, and I'll bring this back home to us, I did compare the Note 3 to the Note 2, the S4, the G2 and Moto X (which, for me was out of contention before it even started.) On specs alone, the Note 3 won hands down. A portion of Android users only care about the specs/functionality, unlike iCrap, which all they care about is ease of use and how pretty/stylish it is. I am really not exaggerating when I say that, as of right now, the Note 3 really is the best phone out right now, and I'll put a million and one "Period."s at the end of that. I know people who don't care for the size will want a Galaxy S4 or even a Galaxy S3 but the trend for phones will be to make these phones as close to "phablets" as possible. iCrap 6 is said to have a bigger screen than what's out now...because of the success of Samsung Note line as well as other phones like the G2.

I'm usually very practical when it comes to phones/phablets. I am usually never the first one in line for anything...I'd rather everyone else get theirs first so that I can get mine at a cheaper price and with all the bugs out (or most of them.) But this was an exception. So yeah, I'll outright stand with what I stated earlier.
    Markster1 likes this.
    10-12-2013 12:20 PM
    She's definitely a brilliant reviewer and maybe I'm too dumb to know better ... but in THIS case I'd rather remain "dumb" and just enjoy the damn phone.
    "This."

I'm sorry, but I like being happy way too much to go out and look for flaws in everything and everyone. The one tiny complaint I have on my Note 3 is that hitting menu button or back button takes a little practice with one hand, but I have big fingers. I'm not at the point to S-Pen everything I do on this thing. However, even with that minor complaint, I am extremely happy with my phone and it is nowhere near a deal breaker.

Netflix is effing amazing. Much more amazing than it was on my Note 2.
    ejb1013 likes this.
    10-12-2013 12:26 PM
68 123