Open wifi network suddenly disabled

mariabee

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont know who it belongs to but it was a real strong signal I was able to stream surf without using 4g now suddenly this morning it just stopped working any idea what happened I can't be on 4G every second on 4G scares the hell out of me

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Whoever runs that Wi-Fi network either shut it down or configured it so you can no longer see it/connect to it. If you don't wish to be on LTE all the time, I'd highly recommend you get your own Wi-Fi network/Internet connection (and properly secure it with WPA2). It's unwise to trust open/unsecured networks as those running them or others using the network may be able to snoop on you (see your personal information as it passes over the unsecured network).

nickb64

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This post kind of reminds me of that Tech Guy show where the lady called to ask why the "linksys" went away, and it turned out she had been stealing WiFi for years.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using AC Forums mobile app

modeling

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The same with me but i solved it. The problem is from the application dat i installed. When i removed it every thing became ok.
Read the permission of every application you wanna install or and install Kaspersky anti-virus to take care about this issue

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699