Calling all GS3/Infuse car mount owners

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
So I managed to hook my GS3 to my Droid X car dock. I connected the power cable directly to the phone and turned car mode on and opened Google map.

The screen dimmed after 1 minutes, this is my setting when to turn the screen off, and shortly after it turned off. I changed several settings (no auto brightness, no power saving, removed display power saving option, eye detection on/off) with no luck.

With my Droid X, as long as you have the phone on the dock and power is feeding the phone and car dock icon is on then the screen never turns off when you have it on Good map.

Can you try and hook your phone to your Infuse mount and turn on Google map and see if the screen turns off after a while (usually the time out period for the screen)? You may need to have car mode on

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not an answer to your question but for what it's worth I found that while plugged in and using the Navigation program my screen will stay on.
This is the only way I have found to keep the screen on continuously.

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I installed Carhome Ultra, 1 month trial, and now I can have any program I run through the program the sccreen stays on so thats solves my problem

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love Car Home Ultra! I paid for it after 1 day. I like being able to plug my destinations into the program. That was a paid feature only I believe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo