Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

Kasanda Castro

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi how are u um I did everything u put and I still don't have any service ..... I have a symbol with a line threw it put I have a phone number .... is there anything else I can do

mysonismysun

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
@Kasanda Castro
1. Are you ROOTED?
2. What version of Android are you running?
3. Custom or stock ROM?
4. Custom or stock kernel?
5. Which Baseband version do you have installed?
e.g., I535VRBMF1

• #2 - #5 you will find under:
SETTINGS | ABOUT PHONE

Side note for those who have READ & FOLLOWED the posted WORKING steps, and are losing signal or being reset to GLOBAL MODE... check your ROAMING PREFERENCES (set to AUTO)
GLOBAL ROAMING (set to DENY)

Custom ROMS will allow access to different features, I haven't seen the stock settings in so long, I couldn't even guess. I will say, as far as custom ROMS, SlimKAT has the most extensive list of network modes that I have ever seen, but connectivity is a bit weak.
The ALLIANCE ROM has a good selection of network modes, and connectivity is awesome - I have 3 bars, 4G service - running ALLIANCE ROM with I535VRBMF1 baseband (rather than the suggested VRBML1 for that ROM).

I strongly suggest being ROOTED and switching to the ALLIANCE ROM..it is very stable, and the absolute most customizable. Thus, will ease the process of making your S3 do what we are told it will not / should not do.

Last edited:

foos mccoy

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've tried all that you posted here. I have just activated my SIM card in it was in my galaxy S3 at the time. I still can't make calls but I can use the internet although that's because it running off my WiFi. What can I do?

cmosley8812

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
krisgalaxys3....How long did it take for your service to switch over? In just activated everything and I'm having to wait for my current service to switch :/

jewelrymaker63

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! What do you mean to register? Register what and where? I have done everything but this please help. my phone still saying mobile network not available?????????///

melwltrs

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am already with Straight Talk using a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. I have to use a phone that works off the Verizon towers, because I live in a rural area with Verizon towers. I am wanting to buy a factory unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. I need to know if it will work with Straight Talk and will it work without having to install an AT&T card?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I am wanting to buy a factory unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5.
If your whole intent is to use the phone on Straight Talk then you should see if they offer a variant designed for that. Judging from previous posts on the matter, if you used a Verizon phone with a Straight Talk SIM you would only get 2G/Edge speeds, but if you used the Straight Talk variant you'd get 4G/LTE (at least, this was the case with an S3).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

SnowKristal

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm understanding a lot here, but... some of it is greek to me.
ie: I have no idea how to root my phone. I'm THAT new to all this.
And so I have no idea how to ROOT and switch to the ALLIANCE ROM
I have:
Android 4.1.1
Stock ROM (obviously-since I have no idea what that is.
Stock Kernal (again, no clue how to customize)
Baseband: I535VRBLK3

Currently No SIM, I lost my VZW Sim. But I have a new AT&T Sim from ST's BYOP Kit.
And I have an ST account/Phone# with a crappy Samsung Galaxy Precedent.

Is it possible to get my GS3 switched to ST? Help?

I'm not stupid, but this is all pretty confusing. Not sure what to do first, or how in some of the cases. Add to all that I do not have internet at home, so I am doing this in bits and pieces when I get to a wifi network.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Is it possible to get my GS3 switched to ST?
It is, and you don't need to root or to load a different ROM - you just need to get your phone updated to the latest firmware (currently 4.4.2) and then you can follow the steps dealing with creating a new APN.

You can try using one of the tools that Verizon ships on the phone to load the update, or there's a tool called Odin that will allow you to load the latest firmware, which can be found here. Instructions on how to use Odin can be found here.

If you're unsure of anything just come back and ask before proceeding.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

SnowKristal

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
So awesome! I may have more questions... but thanks so much, I'm finally on the right track.
Next up: Getting my hubs' Droid Razr M (XT907) to Straight Talk!!!

Lashawn Brown

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have done everything that Steven has said but I have a cross symbol for no mobile network. Yes I have a I535 galaxy s3 phone. Activated the att sim card and it has been a few hours and still nothing. May someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong???? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, So... which version of Odin do I need?
Sorry, I usually list that - I prefer v3.07; in v3.09 someone changed the button names and it just makes it confusing.

Be sure you get it from a source on XDA - I've read posts where people got it from other sites had problems with malware.

Mrhunter13

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I see ppl still doing the verizon s3 sim card card thing with straight talk ...i lost hope for that phone a while ago...Im just saying that because I flashed the phone to straight talk ...3g beats 1x on that phone any day ...

SnowKristal

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
XX Finger Crossed XX
Waiting on ST to do the switch now...

If it works, I will next be wondering how to get rid of the VZW Bloatware... and of course getting Hubs phone to ST, but, I'm letting him hash that out, for now.

Moondoggie1

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
If I buy a Verizon S III SCH-1535, will it activate with ST on Verizon towers? AT&T, Sprint, and the others suck in my area. I am currently using a Iphone 4 on ST. ST told me that since the SCH-1535 was LTE that it would not work on ST, which I think is BS.
I hate this Iphone but NEED Verizon network on a ST budget.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana