Opinion: VZW SGSIII will be arriving 7/12

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here's my take. VZW is basing everything around the start of their shared data plans. They are using the SGIII as bait to lure as many as possible away from those valuable grandfathered unlimited plans. In order to accomplish that, Verizon must make sure not to launch the phone any sooner than 14 days after after 6/28; so as to prevent people from upgrading to any interm smartphone and just exchanging it the day the SG3 is released. Plus it makes sense because of Verizon's pattern of releasing devices on Thursdays.

I believe that Verizon has warehouses full of these phones that could actually ship right alongside the other carriers, but they are sitting on them in order to entice people to take the jump from unlimited once it launches. The pre orders prior to 6/28 won't have to worry about this anyway.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Opinion: VZW SGSIII will be arriving 6/12

Here's my take. VZW is basing everything around the start of their shared data plans. They are using the SGIII as bait to lure as many as possible away from those valuable grandfathered unlimited plans. In order to accomplish that, Verizon must make sure not to launch the phone any sooner than 14 days after after 6/28; so as to prevent people from upgrading to any interm smartphone and just exchanging it the day the SG3 is released. Plus it makes sense because of Verizon's pattern of releasing devices on Thursdays.

I believe that Verizon has warehouses full of these phones that could actually ship right alongside the other carriers, but they are sitting on them in order to entice people to take the jump from unlimited once it launches. The pre orders prior to 6/28 won't have to worry about this anyway.

What do you guys think?

Great theory. :confused: So why haven't the other carriers shipped theirs yet?

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Opinion: VZW SGSIII will be arriving 6/12

Why? The people who are truly concerned are just going to pre-order, not bother with 14 day returns.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Opinion: VZW SGSIII will be arriving 6/28

we never really landed on the moon. 9/11 was caused the the US government. The government is run by a series of computers known as The Patriots. Sorry I was playing Metal Gear Solid 4 last night.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think we should stop over thinking anything and just wait until VZW sends us an email telling us it's shipped. I want my S3 just as bad as anyone else, but speculating isn't going to make them ship any faster.

Oh I agree. I am going to have to wait just like everyone else on VZW. I was just curious as to why VZW is shipping so much later than every other carrier. The only thing that I could think of was the Shared Data plans, and the 14 day return policy.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
we never really landed on the moon. 9/11 was caused the the US government. The government is run by a series of computers known as The Patriots. Sorry I was playing Metal Gear Solid 4 last night.

I feel you. I am playing MGS2 right now on my Vita. Can't believe that I never played any MGS beyond the PS1 version. At least I have something to occupy my time waiting for my SG3. Lol.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

What do you guys think?

TMobile gunno be the first US carrier to launch S3 on June 21
http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/t-mo...launch/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

It will be July 10th before you know it. I want the phone but now I'm not that anxious anymore. Tired of the damn rumor dates, cancelled orders etc. Besides, my accessories likes cases, batteries, and screen protectors are not even here yet.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Well, you may be right about that 6/28 date. The word going around the Sprint S3 forums is that it has been delayed for Sprint until 6/28 and another person in the ATT S3 forum said that ATT told her that it had been delayed until 6/28. Could be that it has been delayed until 6/28!

Maybe we aren't going to be so far behind after all. Hell, maybe we won't be behind everyone else at all!

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I feel you. I am playing MGS2 right now on my Vita. Can't believe that I never played any MGS beyond the PS1 version. At least I have something to occupy my time waiting for my SG3. Lol.

OFF topic...but Great game, along with Splinter Cel:cool:l !

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Oh I agree. I am going to have to wait just like everyone else on VZW. I was just curious as to why VZW is shipping so much later than every other carrier. The only thing that I could think of was the Shared Data plans, and the 14 day return policy.

verizon needs that extra time to cram in as much bloat as they can so they can make extra money

funny because all these threads are the same when ever a new phone comes out. The last few phones I bought went the same way with launch dates getting moved around. :)

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site

If VZW was that concerned with releasing this device along with the othe carriers, they would have moved the Family Share Plan date, no?

Reactions: mmkwan

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Its kinda funny seeing how sprint and att are now delaying their release dates (if this rumor is indeed true).. and probably making the anxious bunch of preorder people even more pissed. I can now see why vzw put the ship date so far back - and IMO, this is exactly why. Imagine if VZW told us 21st.. then said "wait, nevermind. 28th.. ok just kidding.. july 9th".. we'd raise hell on them. WIth the way VZW is doing it now, theres alot less backlash since they never promised you a date

Edit: and think about it this way.. they say july.. realize they can meet the 28th deadline, and tell you, "now we're shipping on the 28th!!! because you are al valued customers and we love you".. by doing this, theyve completely flipped the tables and make themselves look like the good guys whereas all the other carriers that are now DELAYING from 21 to 28th are looking like douchebags

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Everyone who ordered at opening bell on June 6 ,and ordering online should remember later in the day getting this email from vwz.
Pay attention to the second paragraph . I will quote .....actual ship day is July 9
Notice that doesnt say by July 9.
I like you wish it was ,and Dont shoot the messenger :p ha

IMG_20120618_223033.jpg

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Everyone who ordered at opening bell on June 6 ,and ordering online should remember later in the day getting this email from vwz.
Pay attention to the second paragraph . I will quote .....actual ship day is July 9

Click to view quoted image

Trolololol.... jk davidnc ;)

July 9th isn't that far away and whats the big deal having to wait for it until then? Yea its an awesome phone and for many a big upgrade but this wild internet speculation won't do anything for the release and it will make the wait even worse by speculating and making people freak out more.

Reactions: davidnc

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

I ordered the first morning and the confirmation email I got looks nothing like that. It also specifically says: ?Ship By: 07/09/2012"

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I have a case, screen protectors and a 64GB microsd card with no phone to use them on. :'(

Well the case just got here :cool:
My 64GB still not in and I started the post with the link to buy the 64gb. Everybody else got thiers except me. I'm tracking it thru my phone. Its stuck in NJ