best buy pre-order

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I preordered from BB cause they were stating an earlier arrival date (6/28). Unfortunately if you order from BB you WILL lose your unlimited data plan as the 27 is the last day to renew/upgrade. The verizon rep I talked to today was very clear about that, that if my phone arrives on the 28th I will have missed the deadline.
But....I cant wait until the 12th of july and I've never used more than 1gig on my dx , Im leaning towards instant gratification over waiting. Plus Im going out of the country on 6/6 and really want to bring this phone with me :)

What do ya think, moronic or decent move? Once I lose unlimited Ill never get that back but then again is loosing this just inevitable next upgrade?

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I preordered from BB cause they were stating an earlier arrival date (6/28). Unfortunately if you order from BB you WILL lose your unlimited data plan as the 27 is the last day to renew/upgrade. The verizon rep I talked to today was very clear about that, that if my phone arrives on the 28th I will have missed the deadline.
But....I cant wait until the 12th of july and I've never used more than 1gig on my dx , Im leaning towards instant gratification over waiting. Plus Im going out of the country on 6/6 and really want to bring this phone with me :)

What do ya think, moronic or decent move? Once I lose unlimited Ill never get that back but then again is loosing this just inevitable next upgrade?

Doesn't look like Best Buy is going to get the phones ahead of Verizon. Someone else already posted his BB store just told him he won't get it until 7/9

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I just came from my Best Buy. I wanted to get in under the wire to keep my unlimited data. What we did was upgrade me to a Motorola Droid, and when the SGIII comes out, probably he 28th according to my rep, I'll come back and just do an equipment exchange. My rep said he wasn't positive about the 28th, but from what he's seen and heard, he beleived it. Either way, I'm keeping my unlimited data!

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I just came from my Best Buy. I wanted to get in under the wire to keep my unlimited data. What we did was upgrade me to a Motorola Droid, and when the SGIII comes out, probably he 28th according to my rep, I'll come back and just do an equipment exchange. My rep said he wasn't positive about the 28th, but from what he's seen and heard, he beleived it. Either way, I'm keeping my unlimited data!

Don't hold your breath. Expect it July 12th.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I called best buy and they said that the phones will be shipped to VERIZON first then best buy's shipments will come in later. I just ordered from Verizon, sorry best buy.

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
yes, i shall whine like a baby. just called BB and employee says it is officially delayed until July 12th. and yes i said delayed because BB originally estimated a June 28th date. for all we know this could have been the original date for Verizon too but they never publicly said it

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
yes, i shall whine like a baby. just called BB and employee says it is officially delayed until July 12th. and yes i said delayed because BB originally estimated a June 28th date. for all we know this could have been the original date for Verizon too but they never publicly said it

Those of us who pre-ordered from verizonwireless.com on 6/6 were told 'ship by 7/9' and today our expected shipping date on our order was updated to say 7/9'. Those whose status says 7/10, 7/11, 7/12 preordered later. Verizon is sticking by what they originally said.

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I don't know what the re-stocking policy is for Best Buy, but for Verizon in General I believe it is a 14 day return for satisfaction. Which when the 28th rolls around for the share plans, 14 days from there, Yes you guessed it 12 July.

So Verizon (conspiracy theroy) was looking ahead and most likely figured out this is exactly what alot of customers would do, hence Late release for SG3 and HTC Incredible 4g. Makes sense.

As I'm not intune with the best buy thing, last I read online in the support pages was Verizon orders would be granfathered. Best Buy as it is a great pace, however i do believe that they are a bit miss informed. None the less please post if the phone comes out on BB on the 28th.

Good Luck

Last edited:

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I preordered s3 6/6 with BB to receive $50 phone freedom discount, and wanted to try BB warranty. Then Vz announced new improved data plans effective 6/28. Cancelled BB preorder and ordered with Vz yesterday. With 3 phones on my plan need to keep unlimited data. Future upgrades will be unsubsidized and purchased at BB hopefully 0% interest.Vz Expected ship date 7/11

Last edited:

Bsk8r999

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I was super burnt about losing my unl data by using bb but then looked up my usage and my wife and I combined barely used just over a gb, not to mention the tier plan is saving me $30. So no it's not moronic just crunch your numbers. Plus, the best buy buy back is effing awesome and unlimited insurance claims per year with no deductible. It works for me!

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

You will use far more than a gig or less with a 4G LTE phone. Don't judge by your use on the 3G X.

Reactions: FishMeetFish

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

And when they get there July 12th you will have gone past your ability to return the Droid, no?

I don't understand why anyone would do other than just preorder directly from Verizon, wait, and save all the hassle.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
And when they get there July 12th you will have gone past your ability to return the Droid, no?

I don't understand why anyone would do other than just preorder directly from Verizon, wait, and save all the hassle.

Things like best buy black tie, reward zone points, or using best buy certificates may be some of the reasons.

I would buy it from best buy for black tie, I had it on my Nexus and it was nice knowing that if I fubar it that I pay no deductible. But, I have to purchase the GSIII full retail and Best Buy won't match verizons retail price anymore, so I'm stuck buying it from Verizon and using Asurion.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Things like best buy black tie, reward zone points, or using best buy certificates may be some of the reasons.

I would buy it from best buy for black tie, I had it on my Nexus and it was nice knowing that if I fubar it that I pay no deductible. But, I have to purchase the GSIII full retail and Best Buy won't match verizons retail price anymore, so I'm stuck buying it from Verizon and using Asurion.

Why on earth do they not match Verizon prices? Doesn't that kinda directly fly in the face of their own advertised policy?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tlegower

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about the fact that I pre-ordered from Best Buy as well, so I talked to a Best Buy rep and a Verizon Rep. If you pre-order through Best Buy, your unlimited data plan will still be locked in. Even though they won't process your actual upgrade until the phone arrives, as long as you pre-order before June 28th, you will be able to keep your unlimited data plan.

At least that's what both Best Buy and Verizon told me...and I made sure to have the online chat with Verizon emailed to me.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I pre-order online thru verizonwireless.com, only after getting told from both a BB & VZW reps that I really needed to pre-order thru VZW directly. Pre-ordering via BB only secures your spot for a phone, and pre-ordering with VZW allows you to choose the plan/data package you want when placing the pre-order. In my case I wanted to secure my unlimited.

Not taking chances. lol.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I dont know tlegower....Ive heard so much confusion but the only consistent info is that a BB pre order only reserves your phone but not your Verizon update/ contract (separate business separate contracts). I hope for our sakes this is not true but I feel very tentative about believing this one.
Geez..the only reason I went with best buy was for the early delivery rate. If I loose my unlimited plan AND receive my phone after the 12th I will feel very shafted! .....or at least foolish!

tlegower

May 31, 2011
Visit site
That's odd because they told me this today. And I doubled checked with Verizon. Good thing I did have Verizon email me the chat log. Because they ARE going to let me keep my unlimited data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer