The List of things Verizon changed on the SIII

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Let's compile a list of things that Verizon changed on their S3's. So far all I've heard is wi-fi toggle in the notifications and locked bootloader. Anyone have anything else?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So why don't you all get off this extremely overrated network??? It's not worth the aggravation.

Seriously, AT&T is not as bad as they once were. Their network has also come a long way. T-Mobile too.

Reactions: Ry

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon didn't screw me over.....I think the device is a beast and I don't mind the Wi-Fi toggle - I can go a few extra steps to turn it on/off. I don't usually root anyway, so I guess I'm good to go! ;)

Reactions: Ry

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I know I have choices, but they do have the best network hands down. But I just feel like they use that against us. How come every other carrier has an unlocked bootloader and the normal wi-fi toggle. I'm not trying to blow things out of proportion, I'm just frustrated that Verizon always modifies their phones, most times for the worse. I always root my phones and the fact that I can't till the dev community has a workaround sucks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know I have choices, but they do have the best network hands down. But I just feel like they use that against us. How come every other carrier has an unlocked bootloader and the normal wi-fi toggle. I'm not trying to blow things out of proportion, I'm just frustrated that Verizon always modifies their phones, most times for the worse. I always root my phones and the fact that I can't till the dev community has a workaround sucks.

You sound like someone that should only use a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. But then again, you'd probably complain about updates taking too long.

Maybe you should just get a Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play Store (when they're available again) and pop in a SIM and be done with it.

No one is forcing you to be on Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

So then you have to decide if all these things outweigh the network performance. If not might as well suck it up. Either that or actually see if you can get service from someone else without the hassle. Otherwise, again, suck it up. And of course they use it against us. All companies who believe and for the most part demonstrate they have a superior product do business the way they want. Companies who are inferior are not don't have that luxury. That's just business period. Not Verizon.

Last edited:
Reactions: MERCDROID and Ry

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like a company, stop doing business with them. Those of you who constantly complain about Verizon and then continue doing business with them look like total morons.

Seriously. People moan about everything yet do not have the balls to leave. Vote with your wallets people otherwise these threads are pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rgarcia900 and Ry

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
if that was the case moto would have gotten verizon in a sh** storm awhile back with their locked and encrypted bootloaders.

As I said, getting the FCC to investigate and enforce seems to be the issue. And the FCC is notoriously cozy with the industry--remember the Comcast merger?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

so you get the same version as the other two carriers minus 2 things and that is really modifying their phones? If anything of samsungs past is to show then they will find a way to get the bootloader unlocked shortly. 99% of people do not care or know the wifi toggle is moved or care about bootloaders and that is what they are targeting. You and I are not and are the minority and you need to remember that. If everyone cared about the latest updates the nexus would have outsold every other phone by a landslide, but it didnt.

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I drive a Honda Accord. I got it because it's benefits outweighed it's negatives, and I preferred it over other vehicles. I don't like that the dash doesn't give me a fuel mileage readout - I wish it did. Honda did not however 'screw me over' by not putting that readout there.

If you want to argue anything about the timing of unlimited data and the return policy, know that there are still options. Know that you could sell your device and get something different with the money. I know it would be a lot of work to resell the phone, or to change carriers. My fianc? wishes I liked going out more, and it would be a lot of work to get out of our relationship and into another. I'm not 'screwing her over' by not going out much. She chooses to stay and I choose to drive my Accord. The choice is yours :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So why don't you all get off this extremely overrated network??? It's not worth the aggravation.

Seriously, AT&T is not as bad as they once were. Their network has also come a long way. T-Mobile too.

Does either of them offer unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, or any 4g for that matter?

Reactions: cjsmoove

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does either of them offer unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, or any 4g for that matter?

So the good outweigh the bad? That's exactly the point. With everything in life you are going to compromise. So either they stick with Verizon enjoying the positive, while understanding some of Verizon practices are baffling or go somewhere else IF it's that big a deal.

Also your assumption is that a person has unlimited data which isn't the case with everyone and they have 4g coverage. So again, does the good outweigh the bad.

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh come on people should stop flaming the guy for a concern he has. How about we just let everyone have their own opinion, and quit being so harsh?

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like a company, stop doing business with them. Those of you who constantly complain about Verizon and then continue doing business with them look like total morons.

It's never as simple as that is it? Every one has their own requirements for wireless service. Often that includes coverage and reliability. So if Verizon happens to be the only company that provides it sufficiently, it's awfully hard to change carriers because of the phones offered isn't it? Carrier interference with device design and manufacturing produces sub par devices and is bad for consumers in general. It's not limited to Verizon, but they seem to be the worst at doing so. I'm not sure why they can't leave device design to the experts and worry about the coverage and reliability of their network and their customer service experience.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non