This Phone Kicks Ass!!

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so maybe there's a bit of a honeymoon period, but I can honestly say that regardless of all the issues that are posted, this phone is really the best yet and amazing. Post 3G, I've had a Thunderbolt, Gnex and now the S3 and short of getting flamed, I think this is what the Gnex should have been out of the box (Of course - touchwiz). On that note, so far having never used touchwiz before (Sense and Nova on my Gnex), I don't see what there is to hate about it. It seems fine, not very flexible, but fine. A few observations compared to my Gnex, (although some related to difference between vanilla ICS and skinned ICS). None of my observations are based on numbers, but rather on a days use.

1) Definitely faster over all, even with touchwiz
2) Phone/ Dialer work out of the box, with touchwiz versions and have decent features so I don't have to go hunting for alternate dialers.
3) Same as above for native email app
4) Screen looks more vivid to me (Screen is awesome!!!)
5) screen doesn't trigger buttons when I move my face on a phone call slighthly.
6) Screen rotates quickly
7) Screen is really a great size, I will actually be carrying my Ipad much less.
8) I for one like having the buttons off the screen to capture more viewing area
9) Reception is excellent and calls start much quicker
10) Games like GTA and Shadowgun seem to load and start quicker.
11) Web pages load faster.
12) Call volume and speaker is definitely louder (Not massively, but better)
13) GPS locked on quicker.
14) Only one day, but battery is definitely better.
15) Reception/signal seems slightly better than my Gnex at home.
16) Build quality seems good, different from Gnex, no better no worse
17) Only issue so far is that I can't get visual VM to log in)

Overall, I am really happy to have made the switch to the S3 and would highly recommend it. I'm not downing my Gnex, it was a cool phone, but it took them months to get the first update out to get it running smoother and the updates didn't make up for some of its larger flaws. I also realized that I haven't bothered to root since my DInc since wireless tether became less important to me. ICS was cool, but left a lot of gaps to fill in by outside software which still lacked some features I wanted. I would love to have JB on this already, but It just seems to work well out of the box.

Reactions: drmaf894c

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Very impressed with this phone, probably the best phone I have ever owned. Too bad it cannot be unlocked, gonna be hard to return it tomorrow :-\

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does kick ass... best phone in the market right now... IMO....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Best phone I've ever owned as well. Coming from a Rezound myself. Everything about it rocks. Every phone is going to have its quirks.

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I love mine and that's coming from an iPhone user of 4 years! I wouldn't go back for nothing. Love mine now that I am starting to figure out ll the stuff it can do. It's an amazing phone.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Have had this phone for over a week now and still love it. Huge improvement from my Incredible and am enjoying 4g alot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non