Bluetooth sync with 2011 Ford Edge?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Had no problem with my Motorola Droid 2 and the Edge, so it never occurred to me that not all phones were compatible with the My Ford Touch system.

Has anyone paired the S3 with a Ford Edge yet?

I love playing Pandora through the car speakers and would be very sad if I would no longer be able to do that.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Paired my wife's S3 with my 2013 Explorer with FordTouch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The GN that I use and the S3 that I returned both paired just fine (the GN is still paired) with a 2012 Lincoln. As far as I know all the Ford cars are using the Microsoft Sync system.

Edit: should add that the GN also paired just fine with a 2010 Fusion until my wife destroyed the car about 6 weeks ago.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine connects to my 2011 Edge with MyFord Touch and works great. It even reads text messages which my old HTC Evo did not. It lost connection once and I wasn't able to get it repaired no matter what I did on the phone. I ended up doing a Master Reset in the MyFord Touch system and after that it has been fine.

PFD664

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine paired up fine with my 2012 F150 also Sync Apps works great with Pandora from the phone too. One thing I like is this is the first phone that will text SMS with the Ford Sync system which is really nice to have.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine synced up just fine with my 2011 Ford Fusion. This one reads the texts too. My old Droid Charge would not let it read texts, said it was "unsupported."

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, paired my S3 with our 2011 Ford Edge and also set up Pandora, as well as tested Google navigation through the car speakers.

At first use, even though I had not shut off the navigation voice, the voice did not come through, it did finally work.

Pandora was terrific - with the speed of buffering way faster than it was with my Droid 2.

The more I use the S3 the more I love it.

Mine paired up fine with my 2012 F150 also Sync Apps works great with Pandora from the phone too. One thing I like is this is the first phone that will text SMS with the Ford Sync system which is really nice to have.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The GN that I use and the S3 that I returned both paired just fine (the GN is still paired) with a 2012 Lincoln. As far as I know all the Ford cars are using the Microsoft Sync system.

Edit: should add that the GN also paired just fine with a 2010 Fusion until my wife destroyed the car about 6 weeks ago.

Better the car than the phone :D. Hope all is well with wife and those involved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2