Calendar reminders still not working

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I thought I had this fixed when I installed the Business Calendar app. Turns out, that only fixed the ability to select a custom alert tone. I even resorted to a hard reset - still no luck. Here's the deal. Reminders work for an event I schedule the same day. If I set a reminder for, say, an hour before an event tomorrow, it doesn't fire, despite being listed with the event. Setting status bar or alert, the problem remains. Am I the only one with this issue? Anyone have a suggestion? This problem occurs, btw, for all my calendars, native, Google, and Exchange. TIA for any assistance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had my share of problems syncing a bunch of calendars and mostly task apps with Google. As I understand at least when it comes to tasks, Google tasks are not setup to properly sync. I lost count of how many different apps I tried.

One of my biggest issues is tasks and calendar entries multiplying like rabbits when I try to do them as repeating tasks or entries. Google doesn't offer a graceful easy way to delete repeating tasks or calendar entries. I finally hunted down a script that will delete all the task entries from the database. I finally decided I will not be syncing my tasks with Google tasks. I will sync them from device to device only.

It's very frustrating that this bazillion dollar company can't even get something as simple as syncing right. They also seem to keep moving on to new and better and forget the things they have left hanging that they have promised would be coming soon. They're trying so hard to spread their wings in every direction but they keep forgetting about the eggs in the nest.

Bottom line here is that it seems Google itself is the problem and the app developers have to use what's given to them to work with. Perhaps your problem is really with Google and not the app you're using.

Google also doesn't sync any sounds. I think I would contact the developer of the app regarding your issue.

mistajosh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have the exact same problem you do, I think I read your other thread, downloaded the business calendar and I still have the same problem.

It is super annoying because I rely on my phones reminders to get things done and I keep missing them. But just like you when I set a test for the same day it works fine..

Does anybody know how to fix it?

This is tempting me to move to iPhone it is a huge reason why I have a smartphone and it doesn't even work.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
They work for me. That's odd. Even when I use S-voice I've never had a problem. Did anyone try calling Samsung? As much as their customer service sucks its worth a try.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The reminders work fine for me. My appointments for work are scheduled far in advance and I haven't missed one reminder.

Lee Price

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Like several others' experience, the calendar reminders on my Samsung Galaxy Note are not popping before the event. But, in my case the reminders are mysteriously popping up two or three days later. This problem has sprung up since I upgraded to ICS. I have done a hard reset, but the problem persists. Since the old Palm One, my life has been organized around electronic calendar reminders. I hope someone out there can offer a fix soon.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I thought I had this fixed when I installed the Business Calendar app. Turns out, that only fixed the ability to select a custom alert tone. I even resorted to a hard reset - still no luck. Here's the deal. Reminders work for an event I schedule the same day. If I set a reminder for, say, an hour before an event tomorrow, it doesn't fire, despite being listed with the event. Setting status bar or alert, the problem remains. Am I the only one with this issue? Anyone have a suggestion? This problem occurs, btw, for all my calendars, native, Google, and Exchange. TIA for any assistance.

I am having the EXACT same problem as you on my RAZR MAXX. if reminders are made in the same day, they will go off, but 24+ hours they do not work. at first i thought it was business calendar as well, but i have downloaded a few different calendar apps and have had no success with 24+hour reminders. if i use the stock calendar and create the reminder under the internal phone, it will work, but with google is a no go. funny thing is that i have a tablet, with the same app, and i will create a reminder with my tablet 24+ hours, and the reminder will come through on my phone.
I do have some frozen apps, going to try to unfreeze, and if this doesn't work out, factory reset wipe everything and start over.

have you found a solution yet?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Did those of you having an issue lock your time zone in the calendar settings? I had the same issues, but when I locked the time zone, it's worked fine ever since.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Did those of you having an issue lock your time zone in the calendar settings? I had the same issues, but when I locked the time zone, it's worked fine ever since.

man i hope its that simple... i've looked up and down google for solutions and haven't found anything. looks to me like a ICS issue, and they just released a leak for Jellybean on the Razr, so if there aren't too many bugs i might jump on over.

just locked out my time zone, hope this works! i will post up results in +24 hours

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
man i hope its that simple... i've looked up and down google for solutions and haven't found anything. looks to me like a ICS issue, and they just released a leak for Jellybean on the Razr, so if there aren't too many bugs i might jump on over.

just locked out my time zone, hope this works! i will post up results in +24 hours

Been almost 2 days....did it work?

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i have jelly bean and the issue still persists
nooooooooooo!!!

did you have ics before and do the OTA to jelly been? if you were on ICS did you originally before crossing over to JB install the .215 leak for ICS?
have you performed a complete factory reset with data and cache wipe?

i don't have this problem, you guy's should contact business calendar to resolve this issue.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
business calendar is not the issue. at first i thought it was the problem, but even with it uninstalled, creating a new event with reminder through the OEM calendar app, 24hrs before the event the reminder is no longer present.

I did contact business calendar originally and they said the reminders are not set though them, but google. the PRO (paid version) uses its own separate reminding system. this will be my last resort to sanity after all fails.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Potential solution!

Trial after trial I have finally found a solution to get reminders to work! Err well sort of....

There is something effecting the Gmail calendar account... like a bug. It is only effecting the original Gmail account Calender.
So on your computer desktop go to Calender settings (little gear thing at top right corner) through google and then when in settings click calendars tab at the top.
Here you will see your Gmail name under my calenders. Right below it click "create new Calender" and go through the process of syncing it to your account and update the reminder settings.
Now anytime you create an event, do it under the new Calender name, and the reminder will always work!
Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Sent from my phone that has no eye

ibgary

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'll give that a try. My problem seems to be that reminders won't turn off. I select none, save, it shows none, but 1 minute later its back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update, every reminder that has been auto set with new events under new calendar name has worked flawlessly!
So great to have my calendar working like its supposed to now.
I'm almost certain that this will work for you! Good luck and keep us posted

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
After you create the new calendar, how do sync with the old one? And how do you make it the default calendar?

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
After you create the new calendar, how do sync with the old one? And how do you make it the default calendar?

Basicly your adding another calendar and leaving the default account dormant, since it doesn't work. Then go to your calendar app on your phone and it should auto sync, check by clicking calendars to display, and make sure you see it there. If not just press refresh.
Make sure you go into your settings on your phone calendar and change the primary calendar to the new name.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo