lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
After having my phone for a week here are some of the bugs that I have found.

1. Browser freezes - using the default browser when I open up facebook mobile site, it freezes. No matter what I do, I.e. Restart phone, clear memory in task manager, etc, everytime I open up the facebook site, my browser crashes. Haven't found a fix or any other website that makes it freeze.

2. Text message notification tone won't play all the way - I'm not sure how or when this happens, but some times the tone won't play all way thru. But at the same time, I have the same tone for emails, and this one will play all the way thru even if my text message tone doesn't. I have to pull the battery to fix this problem.

These are the main two I have gotten, and have not seen any one else with these. How do we report bugs anyway?

You guys having these problems? What other, consistent, problems are you having?

Sent from my stock S3 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Regarding #1: I don't use the default browser. I like Chrome or Dolphin but why don't you try downloading the Facebook app or Friendcaster?

Regarding #2: I have not seen this problem.

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
1. Default browser issues with Facebook is known. I use Chrome and the touch.facebook.com site daily and it works well. IMHO the Facebook app is piece of crap.
2. This is a known problem too. Do you have the max limit of text messages? One likely cause is you have reached the max number of messages in the settings and the notification is cut short while the messaging app deals with the situation.

See: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/195441-mobile-facebook-site-freezing-stock-browser.html

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/561283-notification-sounds-cut-off.html

Search is your friend.

Last edited:

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
#1. Use the stock browser without any problems.

#2. Use Zedge ring and notification tones. The only time a notification tone doesn't play all the
way through is when 2 items that require the tone come in at the same time.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
#1. Use the stock browser without any problems.

#2. Use Zedge ring and notification tones. The only time a notification tone doesn't play all the
way through is when 2 items that require the tone come in at the same time.
That isn't what is causing #2. The messaging app is set to have a very low number of messages per conversation, so if you hit that limit the notification will play a small bit and the message will be erased.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez