Deleting Gmail Trash Messages

oma1340

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to delete emails in the trash folder on the Gmail App for the Samsung Galaxy S3? Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I just delete them from s my laptop or let em sit till the 30 days hit. I was getting a bit too much mail on my main G-mail so I opened up a backup account to hunt for jobs and whatnot. I love me some g-mail!!:cool:

Ronald Nighswander

May 5, 2013
Visit site
There is a backdoor to the trash bin for mobile android users. Took me 4 hours of playing on my phone to bypass the system and find it. Its actually very easily accomplished on the Android phones and this us why they dont put it out there for users to know about it. You do not have a delete option on your actual GMail account. Instead log onto https://mail.google.com. next press the gmail icon. In the center of the screen is your account displayed and on left is a three line paper. click on that icon. It will then display a drop down screen. You can then delete every file to include the trash by the box next to the message and a drop down screen will appear click delete forever. Saves waiting 30 days fir the trash bin to refresh. Hope this helps for people like me who like their privacy within a relationship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress