Newbie media question re S3, please help :)

Defcon One

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got it a couple of days ago. LOVE the phone.

I'm going to buy a MicroSDHC card for it today. I know i have to format the card and mount it--I know how to do all that. Is there a specific method I have to use to put movies or music on the microSD card specifically? I've been putting them in the phone's main memory via drag/drop, but I saw a youtube video that showed you how to format the microSDHC, and the formatted/mounted card doesn't have any specific folders for movies or music. Do I have to create them myself?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
When I setup my SD card I just created the folders. I downloaded Kies from Samsung's website and I use that to transfer and sync any music. I don't use my phone for movies but I would imagine the same process would work.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The card you mention comes pre formatted as exFAT, which allows file transfers larger than 4GB, but when I transferred files some became corrupted, some did not transfer, some partially transferred. I then formatted mine to FAT32, which solved all issues noted above. However, formatting to FAT32 only allows file transfers up to 4GB. I do not have movies, but I believe they will be larger than 4GB so if you are planning on using it for movies, take into consideration the formatting type. As for where to store, I just create the folders and "Drag & Drop".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana