Any Phone Issues I should know about

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I am in the middle of buying a galaxy s3 and wanted to ask some questions. I have heard about wifi battery and mic issues. Are these issues big problems I should worry about. I heard ressting the phone makes the mic problem go away. Any feedback would be great on this phone because I am buying it without a contract and would have no warranty.

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Well if the phone is new u still have the one year manf. warranty. I have not heard of any mic issues and have not had any with mine. Im not sure what u mean by wifi batt issues either but if you mean it eats up lots of battery I would say thats not true, its not diff then any other phone. Thats with my phone at least. You should be very happy, the iphone 5 hasent even came out yet and it still cant match the GS3 in any way other than it has 20 more pixels per inch on the 4" screen that they should have had 2 years ago. I use apple for many things but they cant match the GS3.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I almost returned my Galaxy S3 because of the battery life. I then decided to try Juice Defender. This is a power management app that automates everytihng for you and gives you the option to cusomize. I like the free version so much that I upgraded to the Juice Defender Ultimate. That doubled my battery life. I also ordered the Hyperion 4200 extended battery but found that it was not needed.

Now I am keeping that phone and using my Iphone as a Itouch.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, +1 for Juice Defender, you can also download an app called phone info
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=myc.phone.PhoneInfo&token=zpbm4hka

It allows you to turn off 4G when you don't need it and it saves battery. I've had the phone for a few weeks now and I'm amazed at all the features.

As far as bugs: None really... I had the No Sim card found issue happen one time (and I was out in the boonies with a very low signal).