Web page text - Fit to screen

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the setting where I can have a column of text on a web page fit to screen when I make the text larger. I did this with my EVO so I know there is a setting somewhere for this... or maybe I need to use a different mobile browser?

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be a feature in HTC phones but not Samsung (at least with current phones) , I too would love this feature. It might be possible if you have root and have the know how to replace the s3 browser with a stock Android browser but I'm not 100% sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The best solution I've found using the stock browser is... Browser > Menu > Settings > Advanced > Auto Fit Page.

I didn't realize the browser menu had more options that could be scrolled down to... Nevertheless, I set to Auto Fit Page and did not notice a change. If I make a column of text bigger I still need to scroll right/left to read.

One more step, I went to Browser > Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Scale Text Up and Down and made the default webpage text bigger, this helped. Text is readable but not as nice as sizing webpage text on the fly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii