Flash Counter - Questions

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading a lot about a flash counter, but can't seem to find good rock solid information.

First, I apologize if this has been posted somewhere. I've been reading a lot about rooting the GSIII and want to make sure I have all of my facts and informations. So I have some questions:

1. What is the flash counter and why is it important?
2. What method is the best to use to flash? Method #2 used here seems to be the better one, in my opinion.
3. I would like to use a JB ROM once I root, but again, there seems to be differing opinions. I previously had an HTC Thunderbolt and had no problems finding ROMS. But with the different root methods and Jelly Bean being speculation, where is the latest and greatest information regarding the most stable ROMS.
4. There were some bad roms that were created for my old phone and it caused me to have to do Radio upgrades. Are there radio upgrades or anything like that for this phone?

Again, sorry if this information is all in one place, but I've been reading so much constantly and reading many different posts, it's hard to digest it all. I'm very grateful for all of the information in these boards. The Dev's are awesome with coming up with new versions of ROMs, themes, etc. It's awesome that so many people want something better than the standard Stock ROMs that Verizon is putting on their phones. I'm almost ready to root, but I'm not quite there yet.

Thanks in advance for the help and information.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress