Tether problem

TheNextPrime

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Having problems tethering with S3

I'm trying to tether my phone to my laptop, I've done it before years ago, with Barnacle but when I try it now on my GS3 it says Wifi could not connect to Adhoc wlan0: I can get FoxFi to beacon but when I connect my laptop to it it doesn't have an internet connection. Any help guys?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having problems tethering with S3

I'm trying to tether my phone to my laptop, I've done it before years ago, with Barnacle but when I try it now on my GS3 it says Wifi could not connect to Adhoc wlan0: I can get FoxFi to beacon but when I connect my laptop to it it doesn't have an internet connection. Any help guys?

What carrier are you on?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

TheNextPrime

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Do any tether's work these days? I'm trying to tether my phone to my laptop, I've done it before years ago, with Barnacle but when I try it now on my GS3 it says Wifi could not connect to Adhoc wlan0: I can get FoxFi to beacon but when I connect my laptop it connects to the internet but for some reason every time I try to load a webpage the connection on my phone drops. I can't Wireless Tether to work either, It tell me it started with errors and to check log, I check the log but it says, Could not check log-file: file does not exist. Any help among any of these 3 guys? Just trying to get off my dorm wifi.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Most of the carriers have effectively blocked hacked tethering.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Not that it has anything to do with your question, but your dorm Wi-Fi should be much faster than a 4G->tethered connection.

Anyway, I thought that if you rooted your phone you could get around the problems with tethering, but I haven't messed with it myself - I use the Hotspot feature once-in-a-blue-moon and haven't any problems with it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member