Text Notification Sound missing after update

rtriche

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

So following the Kit Kat update, my text notification sound (it was set to Facebook Pop) no longer works. Other sounds do work, but I liked the pop sound as it was a little less obnoxious. Does anybody know of a solution or workaround for this?

Thanks!

juniperpearl

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, after the update none of my text notifications work, in the preview or if I assign them. my ringtone, alarm tone, etc work just fine. i have restarted my phone but it hasn't changed anything. Anybody have any suggestions?

alfster59

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
For me it's the delivery notifications. No vibration after Kitkat update. The few vibration notifications that are still working are only at about a third of the previous intensity. This is only the beginning of the problems I've had with this "upgrade." What a crap update.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Try turning the notifications off, then back on. That seems to work with many problems.

AC App on SGS3

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I get text notifications, but then I also did a factory reset after applying the update which eliminated the problems that I was having. So if nothing "normal" seems to work, you can try:

a. Reboot into recovery mode and wipe your cache (not destructive).

b. If the above doesn't work, try a factory reset (wipes all your data and apps).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress