Verizon HTC One FINALLY coming Aug 22

Groovysunflowers

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't doubt that Viva Movil is legit. It was mainly the back order warning that worried me. But you're right, as long as you can cancel before it ships, I can always go somewhere else if the wait is too long and it's offered for a similar price somewhere else.

Well I finally got my order put in. It was a ridiculous process though lol, not being the main account holder. Luckily it wasn't too too bad. And the back order email was immediate, sent at the same time my order confirmation was sent. So I'm guessing that pretty much means they know they don't have the phones in stock, but it still doesn't beat a 99$ price tag. And I can cancel anytime before it ships if I see the same 99$ price somewhere else sooner. I think they said they keep in touch for up to 7 days for back ordered items and if by the 7th day the item is still not in stock or shipped out they cancel it, and your payment method doesn't get charged until it ships out anyway. Here is what the backorder email looks like

Attachments

• htc backorder.JPG
    htc backorder.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 49

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
It looks like everything checks out. I was reading their FAQ section and they are labeled as a Verizon premium retailer. Plus it's backed by JLo, and I remember the conference Verizon had where they and JLo made a deal so I think the site is as legit as wirefly and amazon and others are.

Newegg is offering it for preorder for $129.99. It comes with free next day shipping, so that's pretty enticing.

HTC One for Verizon Wireless - Newegg.com Wireless Store

Good find. I've had nothing but great experiences with NewEgg. Looks like everyone but VZW will be offering it at a discount. Hopefully Amazon has an even better offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you saved me the time of trying to order through them. Looks like I might as well wait to see what Amazon offers it for.

droidrev71

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Prez Jason Mackenzie has tweeted that there are no plans to make a dev edition right now but if there is shown interest for it in the future they will take it into consideration.
So it's possible for a developer edition like I said. I'm sure it depends on if t any developers crack it open with root and recovery. Why wouldn't there be interest in a DE?

lchupacabras

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So it's possible for a developer edition like I said. I'm sure it depends on if t any developers crack it open with root and recovery. Why wouldn't there be interest in a DE?

Red tape, sir, red tape. The phones Verizon has on its network are strictly controlled by them; hence why we even had to wait for this whole VZW One to release. For them to say "sure you can have another one of these phones on our network except with an unlocked boot loader" would be kind of a stretch. Don't get me wrong, it 'could' happen, it's just not likely at all.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if I can simply take my sim card out of my 4G Verizon phone and place it in the HTC one? Nothing else required? Or is there more to it?

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
As long as the SIM card is the same size, yes, that is all that is needed to switch from one phone to another.

It's not the same size, but I plan on cutting it into a micro sim. Thanks!

EDIT: Is anybody else weird like me and cannot stand when Verizon reps put their grubby hands all over your new phone? I really hope I can just walk in and purchase the phone and open it when I get home. I remember specifically stating I didn't want them to open my Droid Bionic on the day I got it, but they did it anyways. >_<

Last edited:

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not the same size, but I plan on cutting it into a micro sim. Thanks!

EDIT: Is anybody else weird like me and cannot stand when Verizon reps put their grubby hands all over your new phone? I really hope I can just walk in and purchase the phone and open it when I get home. I remember specifically stating I didn't want them to open my Droid Bionic on the day I got it, but they did it anyways. >_<

Then tell them to not open it. It's their job and rightfully so to help out customers get their phones set up, activated and transfer things.

Do you know how many customers want us to set up phones? People who order online still come in for us to set up their device. They do it, because we get the job fine right the first time and make sure everything is working. Plus it helps to make sure the phone isn't damaged. If you were to go home without it being opened and there was damage, you would be to blame.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Then tell them to not open it. It's their job and rightfully so to help out customers get their phones set up, activated and transfer things.

Do you know how many customers want us to set up phones? People who order online still come in for us to set up their device. They do it, because we get the job fine right the first time and make sure everything is working. Plus it helps to make sure the phone isn't damaged. If you were to go home without it being opened and there was damage, you would be to blame.

I agree with Joe. I am a fairly sophisticated Android user and could easily set up my own phone, but I let them go ahead and do it. Why not? If there any issues, they come up right then and can get resolved. Occasionally, I find a rep like Joe here who knows his stuff and is fun to talk to about Android during the process. Unfortunately, Joe is rare, I know more about Android than all of the reps in my local store combined. What THEY know is how to get that phone running and what the plans look like. Funny story, I was in today talking the the manager and reps and NONE of them had even heard of the Moto X. Seriously.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I am not trying to say I despise the representatives for doing what they do. I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to phones and other tech devices. Like I said, I did tell a rep NOT to open it and that he would set it aside for me on release day. I get there the next day and he already has it out of the box setting it up :\. I just enjoy unboxing my devices for the first time.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Joe. I am a fairly sophisticated Android user and could easily set up my own phone, but I let them go ahead and do it. Why not? If there any issues, they come up right then and can get resolved. Occasionally, I find a rep like Joe here who knows his stuff and is fun to talk to about Android during the process. Unfortunately, Joe is rare, I know more about Android than all of the reps in my local store combined. What THEY know is how to get that phone running and what the plans look like. Funny story, I was in today talking the the manager and reps and NONE of them had even heard of the Moto X. Seriously.

Yeah, I wish there was more reps who take the time like I do to know the right info and get involved online.

I try to keep my reps in the know for this stuff. They know about the moto x and the g2, without me they wouldn't have known.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am not trying to say I despise the representatives for doing what they do. I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to phones and other tech devices. Like I said, I did tell a rep NOT to open it and that he would set it aside for me on release day. I get there the next day and he already has it out of the box setting it up :\. I just enjoy unboxing my devices for the first time.

I'm the same way and I completely understand. Next time tell them that and make it apparent that that's what you want, but have them make sure it's not DOA.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way and I completely understand. Next time tell them that and make it apparent that that's what you want, but have them make sure it's not DOA.

Will do. Thanks Joe. I do have one more question. Does your store normally carry sim card cutters? I was going to do it myself with a pair of scissors and a template, but figured I would check if Verizon had actual sim card cutters first.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Will do. Thanks Joe. I do have one more question. Does your store normally carry sim card cutters? I was going to do it myself with a pair of scissors and a template, but figured I would check if Verizon had actual sim card cutters first.

Nope, we would just give you a new one. The htc has one pre-installed.

tetrismaster

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know you can tell them to let you take the box home to activate it yourself! If I wanted to switch from my iphone 5 to the HTC One and told them I had a sim adapter at home, would they still let me just take the phone home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty