HTC One Still Worth Buying?

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all. Seriously considering the One but at this point it's a 6 month old phone. Love everything I'm reading/seeing, but again most of the reviews are from when the phone originally launched. The market changes so fast so curious if people think this is still a good investment for the next 2 years?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If I was buying today I would still get the One. Really happy with it so far

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the market changes as fast as people think... I mean really. where is the BIG change...??? what has changed??

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well not in this instance because the phones have been so bad *** but the past year or so their have been better phones out very quick from each other that's why everyone's says that.

Sent from my HTC One

RyanMXA

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It is a good investment still, and will be for some time. There is no new phone with aluminum body coming out soon unless you count iPhone 5s. LG has the g2 which will be good and resemble the gs4. It's up to you. I wanted aluminum, android, and sense.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You can buy a phone released in the past week (**ahem** Moto X) and still not have a phone as good as the One.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Let me put it this way, after six months a lot of review sites are still saying this is the best android phone money can buy.... It's completely worth the money I paid for it. It's hands down the best phone on Verizon. I get service in places my friends s4 cant. It's simply the best phone ive ever owned.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded from the DNA and after a couple of days I'm very happy I did. Only thing that was hard to adjust was having a smaller screen size but I'm even starting like that. Having extremely more choices of accessories is great, battery life is a little better, and going from 16 to 32gb storage was well worth it. So for me it was well worth buying and I'm not having any second thoughts that maybe I shouldn't have.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Considering everything available (and the Moto X coming out soon on VZW) is there anything better than the One?
Sure, one phone has this and the other doesn't and vice versa, etc. but as far as the entire package I think the One is still the phone to beat.
Will there be something "better" or "cooler" down the road, of course. If I were buying a phone today it would be in this order:
1. HTC One
2. Droid Maxx
3. MotoX
4. Droid DNA
(Not a Sammy fan)

I have a friend that lives in the "will wait for a better phone mindset" and he still rocks an original Droid X.............LOL.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had a lot of phones, and I personally think the HTC One is the best phone I have ever had. I am actually really enjoying Sense 5, I didn't think I would but it works well.

slckofit

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Fell in love with the one the first moment I laid eyes on it. Now that it's out on Verizon, I'm having second thoughts. I'm still using the HTC Thunderbolt.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Fell in love with the one the first moment I laid eyes on it. Now that it's out on Verizon, I'm having second thoughts. I'm still using the HTC Thunderbolt.

I am with you. I really liked a lot of what I see on the HTC One, but I am going to pass. I think I am done with HTC, they just don't support their devices. Maybe the next go around I will see if HTC builds a better track record on updates but feel to burned right now.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think it's funny that a 6 month old phone is considered old. I don't think there is anything revolutionary in the phone industry that will make the HTC ONE old technology in the next two years. If it has what you want and need and feels good in your hands, it's a good phone to have for the next two years. I don't care much about constant updates. Unless you are one of those that must have the newest phone available immediately, you won't be dissatisfied with the phone. You will drive yourself nuts waiting for the next "new and improved" because there is always something "better" and "most advanced" around every corner of the phone industry.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I love the ONE, unfortunately I have a sickness, as my wife would say, lol. Maybe she's right, when I got this phone I was in love, great all around. I have had almost all flagship devices on android and was blown away with this phone. I thought, hmm this is a device I can be happy with for a while. Fast forward a few months, still love the phone, my only problem and hurdle u have to pass is the release if the lg g2. Its the only thing that could sway me, possibly from this device. I had the optimus g before this and loved. I guess I will see once I get my hands on a g2. But to answer your question, nope, not too late to get the ONE.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Agree...the Moto X is a huge let down to me. Maybe we will get a nexus 5 on Verizon but failing that I would get the One.

You can buy a phone released in the past week (**ahem** Moto X) and still not have a phone as good as the One.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah there is nothing old about this phone regarding specs, build quality. or OS.

I think it's funny that a 6 month old phone is considered old. I don't think there is anything revolutionary in the phone industry that will make the HTC ONE old technology in the next two years. If it has what you want and need and feels good in your hands, it's a good phone to have for the next two years. I don't care much about constant updates. Unless you are one of those that must have the newest phone available immediately, you won't be dissatisfied with the phone. You will drive yourself nuts waiting for the next "new and improved" because there is always something "better" and "most advanced" around every corner of the phone industry.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think a lot depends on your upgrade date too. If your upgrade date is in 3 months from now it may pay to wait, but if you are ready now then pick the best phone out there right now. I paid $99 at Viva, and couldn't be happier coming from Rezound. How many phones with 32GB on board can you buy for under $200?

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you should wait till mid September. The G2 will be out, the Note 3 will be announced along with the iPhone 5S. It'll make your decision harder sure, but in the end you for certain won't have buyer's remorse with your One if you buy it now. Don't get me wrong, its a great phone and stands its own against all those still awaiting releases, but I know that feeling. The, damn I should've waited 2 weeks and be certain.

Int he end, its all upto you though. If you prefer Sense and a solid aluminum build then get the One. If you prefer more software additions, wait for the G2 .