Battery Life on my new HTC One

Zenthere

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got my HTC One last weekend. I previously had an iPhone 4.

I've noticed that the battery life on my phone is... Terrible.

I charged it full before I went to bed and unplugged it. When I woke up the battery had depleted all the way to 60%. Is there something I can do to improve the battery life, or is this something I should bring back to Verizon to get it replaced with a new one (I have another 10 days to do that without any cost)?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You could, but I'd try a battery monitor app first to see what's using the battery. 9/10 times it's stuff you have running on the phone causing the issue. My HTC One is an AT&T model, and my first one. I have a few fit and finish issues that I let go and decided to live with, but nothing serious like your battery issue. I run a ton of apps and easily get a lot more than a workday out of it without battery saver on. See what's going on, and if you can troubleshoot it. If it's a defect take it back for sure. If not, fix it and move along.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's kicking my Galaxy Nexus' battery's a$$ big time.
And that's impressive, considering I can't put this thing down.
But to be fair, the Gnex's battery is nearly two yrs old.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my HTC One last weekend. I previously had an iPhone 4.

I've noticed that the battery life on my phone is... Terrible.

I charged it full before I went to bed and unplugged it. When I woke up the battery had depleted all the way to 60%. Is there something I can do to improve the battery life, or is this something I should bring back to Verizon to get it replaced with a new one (I have another 10 days to do that without any cost)?

Run an app like GSam Battery Monitor and see what's eating up your battery.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm also very pleased with the battery life. My phone has been off the charger for 10.5 hours, at approximately 80% brightness, with moderate use (some browsing, some calls, some texts, some Play Store action, fooling around quite a bit in the settings, etc.), and I'm now at 60% battery. Oh, and I was only on WiFi for about 10 minutes of that time. I'm very pleased indeed.

Niner17

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a week and I am very surprised & impressed with the battery.

Last two nights, I turned off and charged it. Woke up in the middle of the night with the green light & unplugged it. Three hours later, when I got up, I turned it on to 100%, both nights. On my GNex, a phone I liked a lot, it would have been at 90%, so I would always leave it charging all night.

I've had a light day at home, on wi-fi, checking emails, making a couple of calls, and I'm at 84% after 11 hours. Never saw anything close to this with my last two phones. Last week, out of my office using 4G, had 80% after five hours of sporadic use. Again, never say anything like this on my HTC EVO (a bad battery phone) or the GNex, a very nice phone that required vigilant battery monitoring.

I think this is really an amazing phone, especially the display resolution and speed with this battery performance.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm wondering. How much longer would my battery last if I didn't have blink feed running in the background all of the time, figuratively I know it isn't running all of the time. I'm going to look at it more closely this evening and see if I can change the refresh rate or just not select anything for it to be concerned with. Not that I'm having battery stamina issues but if I can get an extra hour or two out of it by killing something I don't use than it'll be worth it.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Iv been on my HTC ONE(purchased today)from 100% charged to 80% in 7 hrs and trust me iv been Fing around with it all night.. better then my Dinc2...

mikemeek

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Get rid of all stupid ,ignorant apps that you don't need,install battery reborn,check what apps are running and decide what needs to go and relax.

Dane Ford

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
A little bit of a resurrection, but me and my wife both just got the One. Completely stock, running mostly the same apps (I have NFL Mobile, Automate It, and a live wallpaper). Same configuration.

My battery life is awesome, I can usually get threw the entire day hitting around 20-23% battery life before I get home to recharge. If I have it fully charged and leave it unplugged overnight, I wake up to a +90% battery life.

Her battery life is absolutely awful. Her days are generally shorter then mine (9-3, as apposed to 6-3) and her battery at the end of the day is around 30%. The same day she left her phone unplugged overnight fully charged, her battery drained down to 60%. This was after I turned off GPS and Location services on her phone. So it seems to be really hit and miss, I'm going to download GSam to see if it's a phantom app, but I can't see that being the case since our phones are virtually identical.

It should be noted that I'm probably a more moderate to heavy user, and she's more on the light to moderate side.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, me to. Charges quicker than what I read about here, I can run navigation and it still gains a charge using my old stock Razr car charger etc. Guess I'm lucky...

Sent from my One

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, me to. Charges quicker than what I read about here, I can run navigation and it still gains a charge using my old stock Razr car charger etc. Guess I'm lucky...

Sent from my One

not lucky mines the same... when I wake at 100% i pull the charger get ready for work 2-3 Hrs latter im still high 90's.....

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I got 18hrs the other day with a good amount of usage on WiFi. It is set to power off WiFi if inactive which is nice working at my store. I also opted for the Mophie case and got over 30hrs!

Posted via Android Central App