no KitKat Easter egg?

Thomas Bair

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried the usual technique for activating the KitKat Easter egg by tapping on the version number to no avail. How do we/can we see the egg?

Posted via Blue ONE

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The easter egg is the dessert case daydream (unless I'm missing something?). Keep tapping on the various things there until a big K shows up. You can spin it or tap on it and then it morphs into the red Android wallpaper. Then you can tap that and it morphs into the dessert case daydream. :)

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing special like jelly bean. I kinda miss that, I would let my son flick the beans off the screen.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
But you can download it as an app from the play store I think. At least I know you can download all the easter eggs from jelly bean backwards as apps although they can't be set as daydreams.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thomas Bair

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh . . was I supposed to automatically know that or something? I''ve only had the phone a little over a week. Coming from a droid razr and a two week trial of a GS4 (which I found inferior to the ONE.)

Posted via Blue ONE

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh . . was I supposed to automatically know that or something? I''ve only had the phone a little over a week. Coming from a droid razr and a two week trial of a GS4 (which I found inferior to the ONE.)

Posted via Blue ONE

No, that is why people ask questions. If everyone knew the same tips and tricks this forum would be pointless. Let's try and be less hostile

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

DoNotNameMe

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
There is an easter egg. Tap on version lots of times, like you did, then tap on the 'K' that pops up, and it spins. Hold down on the 'K' and you get a KitKat-style background. Hold down on that, and you get a Windows-like tiles you can push back and forth.

Carolina Caspers

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The easter egg is the dessert case daydream (unless I'm missing something?). Keep tapping on the various things there until a big K shows up. You can spin it or tap on it and then it morphs into the red Android wallpaper. Then you can tap that and it morphs into the dessert case daydream. :)

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

True! ☺
Working on Samsung Galaxy S5 running kitkat 4.4.2.

Bruce Sturtevant

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
WHY would we be expected to DOWNLOAD something that is supposed to be "hidden" in our settings (according to Google)? Downloading into a phone with VERY limited memory will only mess you up when you want to take a photo, only to be told "Not enough memory".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38