Loving my Rezound but new to Android and lost

dareid02

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I just traded in my iPhone (I've had every model so this was a big step for me) for a Razr, which I quickly traded in for the Rezound. So far I love the Rezound but I have 2 questions that I haven't been able to figure out yet. I'm sure I'm just being stupid and can't properly set up my phone, but I don't know since i've never used Android before.

1. I want to use the gmail app and not the native email app but I can't figure out a way to make the gmail app push my emails. The native app has no problem pushing the emails and in Settings> Accounts&Sync> Gmail> Update schedule I have it set to Push mail. Am i missing something here.

2. From searching the forums I've seen that sometimes on Android phones Facebook has a problem syncing with contacts. Is anyone else having this problem with the Rezound? Even though I have my Facebook app set to sync with existing contacts and It says it has synced, none of my contacts have their facebook info or profile pics.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to playing around with this phone, since I'm sure I've just scratched the surface of what I can do with Android.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
for the facebook sync the names have to be the same as their facebook name or it will not sync. I don't know if thats the case but sometimes that is why it won't sync.

dareid02

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, most of my names are the same but I didn't know that. My facebook contacts synced after I changed my setting from sync existing contacts to sync all but now my Rezound isn't merging the phone contacts with the facebook and google contacts. It won't let me manually merge them either.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, most of my names are the same but I didn't know that. My facebook contacts synced after I changed my setting from sync existing contacts to sync all but now my Rezound isn't merging the phone contacts with the facebook and google contacts. It won't let me manually merge them either.

try uninstalling facebook and re installing. Sometimes it is weird idk why facebook does not always sync right.