Build Quality is Great!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Got into an argument with my wife and she picked up my Rezound and threw it hard at the wall. I looked in amazement. I just knew it was broken. I picked it up and there wasn't a scratch on the phone. The screen was intact and unharmed. There were some scuffles on the gel skin that I had on it, but I can live with that. If anyone would have seen how hard she threw it you would have been shocked that the phone survived. The impact actually put a dent in the wall. This phone is tough!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I...admire your patience, dwayne.
I've told every girl I've been with that I would leave them immediately if they;
A.) Broke my stuff
B.) Hit me

As for the Rezound, I think it's time to use that insurance you pay monthly for. I shudder when I think of the damage those tender internals took.

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you got very lucky, and this isn't attributed to the build quality of the Rezound. The sides of mine creak or give way ever so slightly (so did the demo model and the one I looked at from the store rep) in the middle of the sides of the phone. I love this phone, but coming from the world of Moto (droid 1, R2D2 D2, D3, Droid X) this thing feels like it should have Fisher Price stamped some place on it hehe.

This is my first non moto, its a great phone, the screen is just awesome but it feels less durable than my other phones, and I've dropped them plenty at first, by the time I got to my droid X though, I can say I never dropped it once. I hope I can go without dropping this one, as I have the extended battery on it and dont have a case for it, just a screen protector.

cheers

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I...admire your patience, dwayne.
I've told every girl I've been with that I would leave them immediately if they;
A.) Broke my stuff
B.) Hit me

As for the Rezound, I think it's time to use that insurance you pay monthly for. I shudder when I think of the damage those tender internals took.

Lol I can't leave my wife over a phone. Plus she was justified in throwing my phone at the wall. I had really pissed her off. It's just a miracle that the thing didn't explode. I just imagined how it would have been different if she had thrown my iPhone.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe yourwife should try out for thoseYankees...
From the looks it got the wall evenly edge on which would help to spread out the force of the impact. Hit on a corner and you'd be sweeping up the pieces for sure.
Mine also seems to flex on the sides so I ordered a case from Amazon (empire brand.. $4.97 free ship).

I know what you mean by "fisher price" but those kids toys at virtually indestructible. :)

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Lol I can't leave my wife over a phone. Plus she was justified in throwing my phone at the wall. I had really pissed her off. It's just a miracle that the thing didn't explode. I just imagined how it would have been different if she had thrown my iPhone.

Hope that the 'real' miracle with the 2 of U will take place this month : Forgivness

Peace to all O:)