Does anyone else's ext battery cover creak?

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't noticed it before, but now that you pointed it out, I do notice it! :eek:
Mine creaks if I play with it to make it creak, and there is a slight creak when I pick the phone up sometimes. So it really isn't that noticeable with normal use.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't creak, but I also have had the silicone-gel extended cover on my phone. Maybe the cover is locking everything I'm place.

vickery1956

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine too! Very annoying! Had to put a silicone gel extended cover on mine to keep it from creaking! Wish I could find a leather holster that would fit both extended battery and gel covering. Anybody heard of anything??

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to. I put some strips of nonslip stuff on the sides of the battery and that stopped it. I also have a case on it.

I've read people using a few strips of electrical tape near the battery but, I chose to go a different route.

anon(95062)

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine creaks too. I even got a new battery door from the VZW store and it didn't fix it. @Ravaloft -- what sort of "nonslip stuff" did you put on the battery? Is it something I could buy at the hardware store?

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same creak here. Not only that, but it is nearly impossible to remove the cover when I want to.

Sent from my rooted HTC Rezound

tiberius72

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
A creak here as well. If I am traveling I am always swapping out the battery. I am sure it has become this way because I do this. It didn't always creak.

If I have a Gel case on I don't notice any creaking...

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, just seems like the mild process was just the tinyest bit off when making the back cover. Not a big thing, but I notice it every once in a while.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
With the naked phone, yes my extended battery cover creaks. However, when I have that TPU case that covers the outside edges of the phone, the creaking stops. I love this case. It adds grip, protects the edges, stops the creaks, but still allows me to hold the naked back of the phone in my hands (which has those ridges for better grip.)

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-rezound-extended-battery-tpu-case-hard-rubber.html

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk