Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's floating all over man. Google it, it's not like trying to find the NORAD launch codes (which I'm pretty sure are just "password").

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I see that is new here (besides the date changes) is that the update is only 292 MB. Coulda sworn the last leak was....let me look....yeah, 603 MB

Whubblesbuddy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Verizon about something else this evening and inquired about the ICS update while I was on the phone with them. A tech support representative named Josh told me that the ICS update for the Rezound has been approved by Verizon, and it is just a matter of time before the release. He said that no one at his level really knows the release date, but believes that it will be "sooner rather than later." He also committed to the fact that the Rezound will get the update and said that Verizon had always committed to this, and never wavered from that commitment. His remarks seem to corroborate the info that is shown in the gottabemoblie post linked above by Tmaybin.

Josh also stated that, based on internal speculation at Verizon, they believe that the reason for the delay in the upgrade is because when the ICS upgrade was almost ready to roll out, as Android 4.0.4., Google released 4.0.5. Verizon thought it better to delay a little bit and just do the upgrade to 4.0.5 directly rather than do another OTA update later. But, again his words, "the changes from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 were not inconsequential." They took longer to prepare for roll out than Verizon had anticipated.

This is sufficient for me to remain happy with my Rez as is, and wait patiently for the OTA to roll out. I just think that it is unfair for HTC to have to take so much public wrath about this when it was a Verizon decision that caused the delay. But the decision made sense (no pun intended). Verizon's only mistake in the whole thing was that they kept silent about it. If they had simply kept us all informed about the progress of the upgrade there would have probably been fewer irate people griping about it.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just read this and I don't get what people are excited about. It clearly states "TBD" without an official date. To be determined is not something to hopeful about at all. "In Queue" is another awful thing. Have you ever gamed online? Queue times can be horrendous and awful. This is just another smack in the face not a moment of light in a dark time.

Whubblesbuddy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I just read this and I don't get what people are excited about. It clearly states "TBD" without an official date. To be determined is not something to hopeful about at all. "In Queue" is another awful thing. Have you ever gamed online? Queue times can be horrendous and awful. This is just another smack in the face not a moment of light in a dark time.
Life must be horrible for you with your glass always half empty.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon posting on its own web site in November that the update would be available in early 2012 (using that piece of information as a selling tool) the least Verizon could do is to be honest and open with its customers who DO care about updates.

For a company that makes it money selling "communications," it totally sucks at communicating!!

HeatGuy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Just do what I did and load the leak. I did it yesterday and I'm pretty stoked about it so far.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got it! That is an ICS, Sense 3.6 home screen at the top of the "View Phone Information" page, isn't it?

Yea. Someone earlier said they couldn't find it on the Vzw site. Its not on the update page its just part of the info page. It is kind of weird that they are showing the Rezound with ICS on it before it is even released yet unless they let loose the ota right away. That might confuse a few people.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Verizon about something else this evening and inquired about the ICS update while I was on the phone with them. A tech support representative named Josh told me that the ICS update for the Rezound has been approved by Verizon, and it is just a matter of time before the release. He said that no one at his level really knows the release date, but believes that it will be "sooner rather than later." He also committed to the fact that the Rezound will get the update and said that Verizon had always committed to this, and never wavered from that commitment. His remarks seem to corroborate the info that is shown in the gottabemoblie post linked above by Tmaybin.

Josh also stated that, based on internal speculation at Verizon, they believe that the reason for the delay in the upgrade is because when the ICS upgrade was almost ready to roll out, as Android 4.0.4., Google released 4.0.5. Verizon thought it better to delay a little bit and just do the upgrade to 4.0.5 directly rather than do another OTA update later. But, again his words, "the changes from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 were not inconsequential." They took longer to prepare for roll out than Verizon had anticipated.

This is sufficient for me to remain happy with my Rez as is, and wait patiently for the OTA to roll out. I just think that it is unfair for HTC to have to take so much public wrath about this when it was a Verizon decision that caused the delay. But the decision made sense (no pun intended). Verizon's only mistake in the whole thing was that they kept silent about it. If they had simply kept us all informed about the progress of the upgrade there would have probably been fewer irate people griping about it.

The only problem with everything you are saying is that all the leaks are 4.0.3 even the supposed OTA leak from june.

I call BS, not on you but on Josh

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The only problem with everything you are saying is that all the leaks are 4.0.3 even the supposed OTA leak from june.

I call BS, not on you but on Josh

I agree. We wont see 4.0.5 but this ota will be 4.0.4. I got a shiny nickel I will bet on it.
I also have a corroded penny that says we start seeing roll out tomorrow night.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the fact that they took away the curved bottom and the customize home screen option on the call bar. It just sucks we don't have this officially yet =(