Did anybody here wet sand there rezound?

darkserpant

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I got 2 scratches on my phone today. One minor where you can see it but not feel it. The other one is worse where you can feel the groove in the glass. I am thinking about wetsanding. Saw a lot of videos on line that had good success with this process. I tried the toothpaste thing. No luck. I dont have insurance on the phone to return it. So I was wondering of any of you guys had any experience with wetsanding some medium scratches out that you can feel. If you had any success. The bad scratch is partly over top of my soft keys. Would that hurt by sanding over that area? Thanks

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to abrasives I would be very very hesitant to apply anything to the screen. Specially if you have never used them before. Are the scratches just cosmetic or is it hindering the functions. If it's cosmetic I would just leave it alone. If they are actually affecting the functions or a danger for sharp edges then you might think about a screen protector. This will help with those areas that are damaged.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. If you're not a glass expert there's probably a number of things that can go horribly wrong here. Not to mention that sanding glass doesn't sound like something that will end well for the glass...certainly no more than anything wet+phone probably would.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got 2 scratches on my phone today. One minor where you can see it but not feel it. The other one is worse where you can feel the groove in the glass. I am thinking about wetsanding. Saw a lot of videos on line that had good success with this process. I tried the toothpaste thing. No luck. I dont have insurance on the phone to return it. So I was wondering of any of you guys had any experience with wetsanding some medium scratches out that you can feel. If you had any success. The bad scratch is partly over top of my soft keys. Would that hurt by sanding over that area? Thanks

What about putting a screen cover on it? I'd be hesitant to try any sanding... seems to me a screen cover would "close" that groove.