Bye fellow Rezounders

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I recently made the leap to the Galaxy S4.

Loved my Rezound for a long time, but slow/no updates from HTC/VZW made it painful for the last few months. Random shutdowns, problems making calls, problems with the keyboard finally pushed me back to Sammy.

Samsung has a track record of updating their software since the GS2, and thus keeping them relevant.

Adjusting to TW again took some patience; but this GS4 is really smooth. It's light and the battery is great.

I will miss this group of people though! I may not have posted a lot, but reading everyone elses posts provided tons of help over the last 2 years. I'll still check in from time to time to see what's going on over here.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently made the leap to the Galaxy S4.

Loved my Rezound for a long time, but slow/no updates from HTC/VZW made it painful for the last few months. Random shutdowns, problems making calls, problems with the keyboard finally pushed me back to Sammy.

Samsung has a track record of updating their software since the GS2, and thus keeping them relevant.

Adjusting to TW again took some patience; but this GS4 is really smooth. It's light and the battery is great.

I will miss this group of people though! I may not have posted a lot, but reading everyone elses posts provided tons of help over the last 2 years. I'll still check in from time to time to see what's going on over here.

That is sad for HTC. Even though it is probably more Verizon's fault, HTC probably would have kept a customer if you would have been upgraded to 4.0? (Guessing you are stuck on Gingerbread?)

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
No, it was on ICS. But HTC has a track record of too many devices that they can't keep up with.

I got the Rez just to hold me over til the GNex came out, but the Rez was better. Took forever to get to ICS, which they promised by the end of that year.

Then they just flat out stopped the updates...

And the new 1 phone mantra has turned out to be a bunch of hot air too. I loved Sense, but in a world (in the US anyway) where customers are stuck in a device for 2 years, they need to keep older devices relevant.

I think the Rez was a few weeks old when I got it, and 20 months later it felt very outdated and slow.

I wanted to love HTC and stay with them, but I see the writing on the wall. I really hope HTC figures out how to get out of the mess it is in, but I just couldn't commit 2 years to their attempt...

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I plan to move from the Rezound and see HTC in the back of my mirror. Their update policy is just poor. After waiting forever they finally put out ICS, then stopped all updates. Their refusal to upgrade Sense at the same time seems very shortsighted to me. I will make sure the phones I buy come from a company that has a good track record of updating their phones.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound is coming up on 2 years old. I've replaced Sense with GO Launcher EX and it has given my Rezound new life; screen transitions seem to be snappier with less lag. I was looking at the HTC One for a replacement, but the new Moto X has caught my attention. I will probably put my Rezound out to pasture by the end of the year. It's been a great first smartphone for me.

Sent from somewhere

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Rez was a great phone when it came out. The problem is HTC was not commited to it's customers. While the One looks great (if it ever comes to VZW) I just don't trust HTC to keep it up to date... it's sad because HTC has made some great phones...

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I really loved the feel my rez. I just couldn't take the poor battery life. I swear that thing couldn't last a full day if it was just sitting on my desk without even being touched. I would probably still have mine if it weren't for that. I really liked everything else about that phone.

Noted via tapatalk

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Nice get! Enjoy the S4 - Note 2's siren song is getting harder and harder for me to resist. /twitch.

I recently moved and can barely get a signal with the Rezound now, my friends Samsungs cant get any signal here at all. I wont even start telling the crap Verizon said about guaranteeing a signal LOL! So no point in upgrading and tying to a new contract for no service!!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I recently moved and can barely get a signal with the Rezound now, my friends Samsungs cant get any signal here at all. I wont even start telling the crap Verizon said about guaranteeing a signal LOL! So no point in upgrading and tying to a new contract for no service!!!!

Based on my personal experience, my note II gets better signal than my razr maxx, rezound, Thunderbolt, gs3.

The rezound does get better signal than my gs3 though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Bob Dudek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
After I did a hboot factory reset ..the device seemed like it received a Vitamin b12 shot with a blood transfusion.
With the HTC extender battery ..its like a old ,dependable, friend showed up..again.

And besides..until I actually get to handle and use the X or new droid devices this off contract line will just do fine.

AND it looks like HTC is playing the "Update whenever".. game with the HTC1

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I feel y'all. The way HTC & Verizon dissed us has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I just REALLY miss all the cool new Android updates.

Been waiting for T-Mo to release 4G in my area & a hot new vanilla Android phone to come out. May take T-Mo forever; so, I think my next option is to buy a used phone for the Verizon network.

I will NOT lock myself into another contract ... you HEAR ME, Verizon?!? :mad:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4