Another new GB leak

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly, HTC said that they couldn't put Sense 3 on single-core phones. Gotta root if you want that shiz.

I can't find the article, but HTC said they would put elements of sense 3.0 on the Thunderbolt because there are certain things it can handle (definitely the lockscreen). I hope that they own up to that.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just rebooted and connected to WiFi... Google account is downloading my data in the background. There's nothing that's obviously different in comparison to the previous leak.

The vast majority of apps I had installed before the update aren't listed in the "My apps" section of the Market. I'll have to restore them with MyBackup Pro (the best app I've purchased since becoming an Android user).

It'll take some time to evaluate the quality of the radios. A commentor on the thread at xda-developers has the impression that his phone's 4G connection is less stable than it was before the update.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
has htc added in any sense 3.0 elements into this release. trying to decide if i should load this on my friends thunderbolt. but he is looking for some major ui changes. otherwise i might just root his phone and flash the bamf sense 3.0 rom

I recommend doing just that, but I think right now Gingeritis is better. The new Uber BAMF was not working so good for me.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just rebooted and connected to WiFi... Google account is downloading my data in the background. There's nothing that's obviously different in comparison to the previous leak.

The vast majority of apps I had installed before the update aren't listed in the "My apps" section of the Market. I'll have to restore them with MyBackup Pro (the best app I've purchased since becoming an Android user).

It'll take some time to evaluate the quality of the radios. A commentor on the thread at xda-developers has the impression that his phone's 4G connection is less stable than it was before the update.

I'm interested to hear if you have the same results as the XDA commentor. (I saw his post). Did your market update to the new version?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I should also note that I saw some 3G/4G switching on my phone prior to this update (with the previous GB update installed) this afternoon. I'm not sure whether it was radio-related or network-related, though. There are too many variables.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed an "internet call settings" section under the "Call" settings menu. Is this new, or have I just failed to notice it up 'til now?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I should also note that I saw some 3G/4G switching on my phone prior to this update (with the previous GB update installed) this afternoon. I'm not sure whether it was radio-related or network-related, though. There are too many variables.

So, no worse with this build like the XDA post suggested?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a TB in hand yesterday. I think it is actually a decent handset. Glad the updates and tweaks are coming in nice!

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just read over on XDA someone said this leak will be the OFFICIAL one that will be pushed OTA by Verizon around the end of this month. I have no idea how credible that is.

Last edited:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just read over on XDA someone said this leak will be the OFFICIAL one that will be pushed OTA by Verizon around the end of this month. I have no idea how credible that is.
if that is true has htc added in any sense 3.0 elments into this build like the new lock screen and other touches. i would find this hard to belive to be the final build without any sense 3.0 elemnts unless htc wants a major revolt on there hands. because if they give it to the chacha the thunderbolt better have it

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
if that is true has htc added in any sense 3.0 elments into this build like the new lock screen and other touches. i would find this hard to belive to be the final build without any sense 3.0 elemnts unless htc wants a major revolt on there hands. because if they give it to the chacha the thunderbolt better have it

I do not know the answer to your question as I have not loaded this yet. I merely reported something I read, and even though HTC might have said that, you know how Big Red is about having software done their way...

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I do not know the answer to your question as I have not loaded this yet. I merely reported something I read, and even though HTC might have said that, you know how Big Red is about having software done their way...
true very true. but big red might have to get over that if they get the nexus prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch