Tbolt owners: do you have "phone envy"?

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I know I don't (I think) but I keep finding myself checking out other peoples phones, especially if I see them watching streaming video, or if it's anywhere near the size of my phone. Maybe over time, I will be jealous, but I have nothing to be jealous of, other than owning a 10 month old smartphone that kicks major butt. it does EVERYTHING I need it to do and more. maybe the age factor is in the back of my mind, but I don't see the bionic, razr, nexus, etc as anything to be jealous of. I AM really glad I didn't go with the Samsung Charge or the Revolution. I saw and played with my friends Rezound, and I thought I still had my own phone in my hand. No perceptible difference in internet speeds, same size, about the same weight, etc.
so my question is this: WHY be jealous of the "new" phones when this one is a really, really good phone? list your reasons why the other phones are so much more heads and shoulders above the Tbolt..this should be interesting....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Rezound for $50 on upgrade. The main reason is because of the hd screen which is really sharp, especially for small letters. On my tb, very small letters tended to be a little fuzzy. The radio is better than the Thunderbolt too, much more solid data signal especially in low signal areas. The thunderbolt wasn't terrible by any means, just not as good.

Reactions: Alma

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess being a tech geek makes me want the latest and greatest even though what I have is pretty awesome. I'm pretty content though since the Thundebolt is working awesomely. :)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked over all the new devices and I have yet seen anything about them that made me unhappy with my thunderbolt... I am blind in one eye and I agree that some of the screens helps to see small font but i use Opera and love the smooth zoom and this makes me happy with what I am working with, plus I customize mine different almost weekly and I have had a number of user envy my device when they see it..

I'm good, ill stay with my Thunder.. :)

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
johnriii,
I know you had spent a lot of time checking phones out before getting your Thunderbolt and you inquired on AndroidCentral asking a lot of questions. We all gave you our opinions and you decided to get the BOLT and so, am glad you are happy with your phone.
Am I envious of others who may have a newer device. Heavens NO ! The Bolt is only 10 months old and has a lot of growing pains and bugs to deal with and get rid of. I actually upgraded in August and the REP tried to get me to take the Samsung Charge. I do NOT like Samsung. Doesn't hold a signal and can't compare to the HTC Sense. The Bolt is a really great device and I can't compare it to the Rezound, which in my opinion is an upgrade to the Incredible. The kickstand is great. I thought at first I would never use it, but I do and would be lost without it LOL. I have the phone customized to my liking even though I haven't rooted. I don't intend to root. I can honestly say this phone will last me my full two years and maybe more.....who knows. I take really care of my tech devices and it should last me. I highly recommend the Thunderbolt. It gets a lot of attention. I do admit I will check out what other people are using, but that's because I have sold wireless before and I am just curious to what others use. People have asked to see my phone and they like it. There is absolutely everything great about this phone. As for people wanting ICS.......if the TB gets it, fine. If not, that's find too.
This baby is only 10 months out on the market and still has a lot to offer............:D

Reactions: johnriii

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Let me preface by saying.........the growing pains are GONE and so are the bugs..........the phone is perfect in my opinion. I just read what I typed and I don't want people thinking it is still buggy when in fact it isn't. I hope the Nexus owners get their issues taken care of !

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Members of my family have a Bionic, a Revolution and several Razrs. I like the size of the Motorola products and the battery life as well, but I still like my Thunderbolt. I am on my third TB and it has been working quite nicely. Now if I ever get around to rooting it................

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Got a used Thunderbolt to hold me over until the Nexus came out. The Nexus is now out, and I'm still using the Thunderbolt. Battery life and signal issues posted by others kept me from getting the Nexus the week it was released.
So far, the Thunderbolt is doing better than I expected. Everything works. I've never had a phone where pretty much all of the kinks have been ironed out. Kind of makes the phone boring, because there's no need to hang out on forums trying to find a cure for bugs. I guess that's a good thing. I can now have time to sit around and do other things.
I'm also loving all of the accessories I've gotten from Verizon lately. They have really discounted prices on Thunderbolt accessories.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I think, being a musician and having had perpetual GAS all of my life, there is a bit of gadget-itis that rears up when the new stuff comes around. I really have not found a phone/device I am ready to use my upgrade on. TBolt rules!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jude526

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got home from walmart, and ran into a customer who had the Bionic. after taking a close look at it, and he at mine, we both agreed that our phones were very, very nice. I like the more "platinum" look of the Bionic, but that's about it. I also ran into two people who had just upgraded to the Dinc2 during black friday. while they both (brother/sister) liked their phones a lot, they wished they had done more research on the Tbolt, because they both were free during the time they got them.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I know I don't (I think) but I keep finding myself checking out other peoples phones, especially if I see them watching streaming video, or if it's anywhere near the size of my phone. Maybe over time, I will be jealous, but I have nothing to be jealous of, other than owning a 10 month old smartphone that kicks major butt. it does EVERYTHING I need it to do and more. maybe the age factor is in the back of my mind, but I don't see the bionic, razr, nexus, etc as anything to be jealous of. I AM really glad I didn't go with the Samsung Charge or the Revolution. I saw and played with my friends Rezound, and I thought I still had my own phone in my hand. No perceptible difference in internet speeds, same size, about the same weight, etc.
so my question is this: WHY be jealous of the "new" phones when this one is a really, really good phone? list your reasons why the other phones are so much more heads and shoulders above the Tbolt..this should be interesting....

Are you 12 years old, or is this the kind of silly nonsense that people "talk" about these days?

I have a Thunderbolt and (unless it becomes unusable) I will keep it til the end of my contract. at which time I will see what is available, and buy a new phone.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you 12 years old, or is this the kind of silly nonsense that people "talk" about these days?

I have a Thunderbolt and (unless it becomes unusable) I will keep it til the end of my contract. at which time I will see what is available, and buy a new phone.

yep. that's me, 12 years old and lovin' my Tbolt. thanks, mr. buzzkill.

Reactions: blackjaguar25

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had it since day one. I considered the rezound and the nexus since I am sitting on an upgrade but I can't see anything worth dropping more money yet. I will probably get a new phone in May or so. I'll take the first quad core phone with ICS style soft keys. I don't really care if it's a Nexus device as I'll root right away and install CM9. Sense sucks.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Wow! What a wonderful, considerate, warm welcome to a fellow new member. It's because of people like you making comments like that, that keep us newbies from asking questions and feeling welcome. Makes me wonder who the real 12 y/o is.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely no envy here as there is simply no other phone out there that is even in the same ballpark as far as I'm concerned! ICS? Meh (not impressed and IMO looks rather ugly) Dual core? Meh (single core Thunderbolt still rocks!) Native kickstand.... Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller? Anyone? :p

I do go browsing the other phone forums out of plain curiosity and see all the issues they are having out of the gate (even that so called superphone everyone keeps raving about :p). You have to admit the ol' Thunderbolt, as the first LTE horse out of the gate, has really matured and is still a rockin phone after all these months! That speaks volumes to me! :)

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
All I have to say is...

TBvsGN.jpg

-Frank

Reactions: johnriii

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
no, no and yes. have had the tbolt since the beginning. finally have this thing tweaked out nicely. have almost (i think) done everything i can with it. i like change, i change roms monthly, i change themes daily. wallpaper, ETC you get the point. anyways got my son an iphone for xmas and now i want one of them. buy yes i know if i get bored with my tbolt and do have the option of changing things i wont with an iphone. but its just different thats all. would like to have one to have one activate it, use it for about a week or 2 till boredom sets in and switch back to tbolt. but all in all i love my tbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress