Liquipel anyone?

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Pretty sure it's real, the thunderbolt is only one of about 8 phones they currently do it with. For $50 it might be worth it, and I would probably get rid of insurance on my phone as well saving me money

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I seen this a couple days ago. I thought about doing it but departing with my TBolt for a couple days would be tough.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Thats pretty awesome. I wonder how long the coating will last, and how well it protects the mic and speaker though. I'd like to hear some reviews after its out a little while.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
There are a couple other videos on the site that show how it works, the whole thing is water proof and molecular bonded so it lasts the life of your device.

If I had a second device I would probably do it, just don't know about not having a phone for a week

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Man, oh, man, I ruined a phone once by accidentally wearing it while jumping into a swimming pool, and this would be AWESOME. So basically this is a dielectric polymer coating, I assume (thicker form of Rain-X)? I wonder how long it will be before you can simply order a pint of it and dunk your phone in.

Honestly, I was wondering how long it would take someone to formulate a good waterproofing coating out of polymers.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
To me, the most amazing thing about this is that you can talk underwater. Way cool. 'Course there will be lots of bubbles and the other party may not hear you, but you can talk.

img154.gif

-Frank

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Mark my word (or post)......some mfg (HTC, Moto, Google etc) will incorporate this into their phones in the near future. If not, I wouldn't be surprised that Verizon store will offer it as a accessory and they will give you a loaner phone for a day or 2 while it is being transformed into the NANO monster!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

wtojwtoj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple other videos on the site that show how it works, the whole thing is water proof and molecular bonded so it lasts the life of your device.

If I had a second device I would probably do it, just don't know about not having a phone for a week

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
I would definitely get it. Thunderbolt is very similar to the droid charge (what I have) and it is awesome with it. I can hardly tell it is on but the protection is phenomenal. Snow is also great other than water. The only con is sending your phone in but other than that way worth it.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just bought it, I'm gonna send my phone in on monday. I'll let you guys know how it works. Do you think I will be able to swap batteries in the phone after the coating is applied? I don't know if the battery is coated as well, meaning that using a different battery could get water damage.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Just bought it, I'm gonna send my phone in on monday. I'll let you guys know how it works. Do you think I will be able to swap batteries in the phone after the coating is applied? I don't know if the battery is coated as well, meaning that using a different battery could get water damage.

Good question. You might want to ask the that before the do the razzle dazzle. Might send the spare cells?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member