Problem with The Ringer

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This just started last night. My TB wont ring. I have the volume all the way up and when someone calls, it still wont ring. I have rebooted it, battery pull. What do I do next? SMH Help.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, but maybe worth a try since it can't hurt.. If rooted (I think you are or at least were), go into recovery and Fix Permissions.

Does vibrate feature work?
Also, maybe try changing the ringtone if you haven't already.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think I went into something that said fix permissions but, it took forever and it never stopped. not sure how to go into recovery. my tv is rooted.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think I went into something that said fix permissions but, it took forever and it never stopped. not sure how to go into recovery. my tv is rooted.

If you are running a custom ROM, if you hold the power button down and then pick "Restart", it should give you a choice of Recovery there.

If not, then power down your phone. THen hold the Volume key down while pressing the power button....hold until you get the bootloader screen. Follow the screen.

I use "4ext" as my ROM Manager.....awesome program.

Reactions: irocroe

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

which rom are you on. If on Bamf, you can press the power button and then select to restart,and then it asks if you want a regular device restart or to restart and get into recovery.
This is my main way to get in.
If I did a battery pull, then after putting my battery back in, I'll hit volume down key, and while that's pressed, I'll press the power button. Then you will get into recovery (blue text on black screen, looks like dos etc).

In recovery, use your up/down volume to navigate and your power button will be your Enter button. When in recovery, navigate down to advanced, and then down to Fix Permissions. This shouldn't take long, but even if it does, let it do what it needs to do, I sometimes think it's stuck but then it finally shows it completed successfully.

Again, I'm not 100% sure though that it will fix your situation, though worth a shot.

After it is done, just navigate back to the previous screen, and then select Reboot Phone/device. If you hit Reboot Recovery, guess where you'll be again :)

Reactions: irocroe