Very disappointed

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems again on my bolt. Losing 4g,3g and 1x it will also show the white screen with HTC logo doing a fast reboot. When I leave a app.

So tech support says I probably have a virus. I told him I'm not gonna agree with that in fact I can download a virus software it won't show a virus. since there is a app I downloaded that's doing all this to my phone. So he said put it in safe mode and if it continues he'll do a early upgrade.

I'm not sure if I'm down with a early upgrade. I'd take another phone though, probably other than a bolt though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems again on my bolt. Losing 4g,3g and 1x it will also show the white screen with HTC logo doing a fast reboot. When I leave a app.

So tech support says I probably have a virus. I told him I'm not gonna agree with that in fact I can download a virus software it won't show a virus. since there is a app I downloaded that's doing all this to my phone. So he said put it in safe mode and if it continues he'll do a early upgrade.

I'm not sure if I'm down with a early upgrade. I'd take another phone though, probably other than a bolt though.

Probably not a virus, but a low memory issue that is causing Sense to either reload or crash/reload. I've only had that happen a couple times after doing something resource intensive on the phone. Losing data or dropping between LTE, 3G, or 1x is a known issue as well. See the above posts for more info. In either case, you may benefit from a master (factory) reset if for anything to get back to a known clean state, or try un-installing an app one at a time to try to isolate the issue.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've done a hard reset, I have about 2gb left on the phone not sure if the ram is a issue. So I'm rocking the safe mode. Just waiting for the issue to come back. If not then ill look at apps

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've done a hard reset, I have about 2gb left on the phone not sure if the ram is a issue. So I'm rocking the safe mode. Just waiting for the issue to come back. If not then ill look at apps

It would be low RAM (not storage) causing the Sense crash. You can check it via Menu, Settings, Applications, Running Services. At the bottom on the lower left is the current amount used, lower right current amout free. I believe once you start getting under 200MB or lower, the more likely you'll run into the Sense crash. Mine is typically at 350MB free, 185MB used, but I'm not a typical user as I highly minimize installed apps (dozen total) and even kill a couple that autostart (after first boot up) to keep things running lean and mean.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sure you can, just get the correct zip file (XDA Developers is a good source), put it onto your SD Card and boot the phone into recovery mode. It'll find the file, install it and then you must refuse all updates

That'll work AFAIK for any android phone.

PS, glad you're happy with the Rezound, I looked at it but I'd really miss the kickstand.....

Assuming no root, is this something new? When mr1 came out I got the mr1 update, wanted to go back, put the original software on the sd card, and it would not let me install an older ruu. Of course, I was able to root and do it that way.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, my daughter has the Rezound... It's pretty awesome. I hope it works for you, ICS and all!

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

am loving it so far! Also to be sure put a new SIM card. None of the bolts issues have followed me. I loved my bolt:) Am not happy it had issues Miss that damn kickstand but everything else makes it a top notch device? boots up less than sixty seconds very responsive amazing:)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You are lucky enough to run ics, on gb, the rezound bootup time is atrocious.

am loving it so far! Also to be sure put a new SIM card. None of the bolts issues have followed me. I loved my bolt:) Am not happy it had issues Miss that damn kickstand but everything else makes it a top notch device? boots up less than sixty seconds very responsive amazing:)