Switching to the Galaxy S4?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
That's my plan, even if it means ponying up $650 (In monthly installments, thankfully) so I can keep my unlimited data. I'm really tired of what I thought was going to be a groundbreaking, top of the line phone (which it was, in concept) only to find that it was basically a barely-supported guinea pig released, apparently, just to rush something to the market. I'm looking forward to having a phone not just with a pedigree but with a proven pedigree in the Galaxy S series.

My poor ol' Thunderdud has worked well - when it works. But when it hasn't, my gosh, it causes me almost as much frustration as my ex (I can't just turn her off or remove the battery like I can with the phone). :/ Random restarts, random data dropping, random screen brightness changes, unresponsiveness (took me almost a minute the other day to get it to start dialing a phone number - good thing it wasn't 911!), short battery life, etc.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I would not pay that kind of money for any phone no matter installments or not and then what are you going to do IF you get tired of it and still have to make payments on a phone you don't like? Just asking.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
That's my plan, even if it means ponying up $650 (In monthly installments, thankfully) so I can keep my unlimited data. I'm really tired of what I thought was going to be a groundbreaking, top of the line phone (which it was, in concept) only to find that it was basically a barely-supported guinea pig released, apparently, just to rush something to the market. I'm looking forward to having a phone not just with a pedigree but with a proven pedigree in the Galaxy S series.

My poor ol' Thunderdud has worked well - when it works. But when it hasn't, my gosh, it causes me almost as much frustration as my ex (I can't just turn her off or remove the battery like I can with the phone). :/ Random restarts, random data dropping, random screen brightness changes, unresponsiveness (took me almost a minute the other day to get it to start dialing a phone number - good thing it wasn't 911!), short battery life, etc.

I can relate. I retired the old Thunderbolt last November and paid $750 ($699 + tax) outright for the Note 2 (to be able to keep unlimited data). WOW, what a night and day difference (serious understatement)! I have no regrets what-so-ever. It was worth every penny!

I did enjoy my time with the ol' Thunderbolt as it worked pretty well most of its life (thanks to the Gingerbread update and a few subsequent update tweaks), but it was always temperamental. I guess a consequence of being Verizon and HTC's first LTE device. :( I still have it tucked away in the night stand drawer as a backup and break it out every now and then to test it. But ugh, that's even become a pain compared to the operation of the Note 2 which has been flawless and rock solid since day one! Anyway, good luck and enjoy! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress