Thunderbolt & HTCSense.com

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes! God forbid you should have to pay for additional services. It should all be free.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I already pay $6 for TEC, $10 for text messaging, $30 for data (potentially going up to $45-50 with 4G), and I still haven't added actual minutes to use the phone. Or my wife's line. I don't expect everything for free, but the $$ I pay for the services I get is way more than enough -- I don't need to pay them another dime per month. Trust me when I say it doesn't cost them $165/month to support my 300 minutes and 1 GB of data.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I already pay $6 for TEC, $10 for text messaging, $30 for data (potentially going up to $45-50 with 4G), and I still haven't added actual minutes to use the phone. Or my wife's line. I don't expect everything for free, but the $$ I pay for the services I get is way more than enough -- I don't need to pay them another dime per month. Trust me when I say it doesn't cost them $165/month to support my 300 minutes and 1 GB of data.

Yes, there was sarcasm.

You don't pay for the ACTUAL cost. You pay for the VALUE of the service. It's capitalism. I'm not sure when we felt, as a country, that we only needed to pay for what something actually cost the business and nothing more.

I'm with you that it's not cheap, but it's also not "nickel and dime" type stuff. It's a value added service.

If companies can only charge you for their actual cost, there would be no profits, no money for R&D, no job creation or innovation. Just something to think about, Comrade.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If companies can only charge you for their actual cost, there would be no profits, no money for R&D, no job creation or innovation. Just something to think about, Comrade.

They would make a profit charging us half of what we pay -- it's at the point where it's overkill and it IS nickel and diming. Have a look at oil companies profits if you don't think there is such a thing as overcharging.

I'm all for capitalism, as long as it doesn't reach the exploitative point. And that's where we are.

/off topic rant

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Panda says no HTCSense.com @ rollout:

@paulmike3 at this time that functionaliy is not working. Maybe just because its a pre-release device but we aren't testing it so doubt it

Interesting that HTC says it's up to VZW, and VZW says they aren't testing it. Hrmmmmm

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Typical back and fourth between OEM and Carrier to be honest, haha. Hopefully it's something that is fixed quickly in an update after it's release, I know it's a huge draw for a lot of people.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Like I've said before, if it has no sense.com integration, The moment it's rooted I will be flashing cyanogen, and then I will wait and hope that a port of the desire Z becomes available so that I can have htcsense.com integration.

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this isn't surprising. The fact that Verizon allowed Google Navigation onto their Androids is a minor miracle. I can't see them pimping HTCSense.com when the general public is barely aware of its existence.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I emailed HTC support about this and this is the answer I received:

"As for HTCsense.com, currently HTCsense.com is only used with the HTC Desire Z and HTC Desire HD. Other phones may be supported in the future, but we currently do not have a schedule for the rollout. You can keep an eye on htc.com for updates and announcements about the device."

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
nothing against those reps. but i emailed htc directly about htcsense.com

they said it will not be work with the site at launch. something about the site cant handle to much traffic at this time. an its up to verizon to let the phone take advantage of that feature

mpwt51

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
It allows you to locate a lost phone, make it ring even if on silent, add widgets and themes, basically an extension of you phone on the web.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
you can also forward your cell to another number, say, a desk phone if you work in the basement and get no love from any cell towers in the area.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so "Sense" is a UI, right. And MotoBlur is as well.

What Android phones use Sense besides HTC?

Sense, MotoBlur, what else is there?