I need Plan B for Thunderbolt

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As much I like to get Thunderbolt more I wait more I think about having plan B. The biggest reason for having plan B is 4G data prices for Verizon. If it's anything more then $30 I am going else where.

What do you guys thing? Atrix, Inspire, which one would be close to TBolt?

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Plan B: Get the 1 year upgrade and buy a new phone before 4g is even available in your area. (unless you live in a major city/airport).

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Isn't Atrix loaded (with dual core and 1 GB RAM) too?

If what I've heard is correct, the 1GB is so that you have 512 for the phone, and 512 for the dock. Not sure if that means that you will only have 512 available when you don't have it docked, but that's as much as I've heard.

If you care about the FFC, go for the Atrix, if you don't and you are already sold on the TB, then the Inspire will be the phone for you. My only concern with the Inspire is that you will probably be stuck with smaller batteries on it. The back doesn't come off, the battery slides out of a slot. I wonder how that will go.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Isn't Atrix loaded (with dual core and 1 GB RAM) too?

Yeah it's dual core and has a gig of ram, not sure on now the ram works between the phone and the dock as the previous poster stated. But, it's Moto so you'll have to deal with Blur and a locked bootloader etc. if that's important to you at all.

As far as I'm concerned, AT&T dropped the ball by making the laptop dock $500 on its own (or $500 total with the phone + a tethering plan) which is outrageous considering it's just a shell with a screen, battery and keyboard. And they require the tethering plan even if you buy the laptop dock at full price if you want to use Firefox on it which is just ridiculous. I was planning on getting the Atrix till they announced that BS, so I'm sticking with TBolt now.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
my back up would be atrix on att. im not sure how there speeds will be. i no my area isnt listed in 4g hspa+ yet. so ill pass. but the inspire is a downgrade from tbolt. also tmo is doing free phones on valentines day. great deal for g2 an mytouch4g.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My backup would be the Optimus 2x or I'll wait for the sgs2 in wouldn't rather have no carrier updates and an, open bootloader than a locked down phone

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My backup would be the Optimus 2x or I'll wait for the sgs2 in wouldn't rather have no carrier updates and an, open bootloader than a locked down phone

I'm starting to think no one in the US is willing to take it. Saw Engagdet's kinda poor review on it yesterday. LG probably has a high exclusive price attached to it.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If what I've heard is correct, the 1GB is so that you have 512 for the phone, and 512 for the dock. Not sure if that means that you will only have 512 available when you don't have it docked, but that's as much as I've heard.

If you care about the FFC, go for the Atrix, if you don't and you are already sold on the TB, then the Inspire will be the phone for you. My only concern with the Inspire is that you will probably be stuck with smaller batteries on it. The back doesn't come off, the battery slides out of a slot. I wonder how that will go.

FFC is most important to me so Inspire is out. So am I just left with Atris only? I don't want Tmobile.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My plan B is to stick with my Dinc until something better comes out on Verizon like the Dinc 2.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to think no one in the US is willing to take it. Saw Engagdet's kinda poor review on it yesterday. LG probably has a high exclusive price attached to it.

Heard romurs it would be heading to tmo but who knows if want to get rid of this d2 but if they keep messing around with this ill wait for something else