Possibly Delayed until March?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
If the Bolt gets pushed back to March

What will YOU be getting instead, if anything?!

Feb 24th is the last day I'll play the waiting game. If there isn't, at the VERY least, an official Verizon Wireless announcement by that date about the phone be launched in the first week of March (at the absolute latest), I'm moving on to something else. This phone would be noticeably obsolete within 6-8 months of buying it, which is just ridiculous.

Worst case scenario: Nothing happens in February; no announcement or phone in hands. What will you be doing if this is the case, and what will be your final straw?

As for me...

I'm assuming the Dinc would be more similar to the Bolt than the DX, Otherwise I could buy my friends Fascinate which I actually like quite a bit. That's pretty much top of the line for VZ atm, correct? Anyways, those are the three I'm looking at.

I would buy them off contract of course (and not at retail pricing) and just transfrer my number to them so that I could only plan to have them for about 6 months until something like, maybe, the IncS comes out. It would be hard passing up on 4G since I'm supposedly getting it later this year, but I can see the phone itself being MUCH more advanced after noting that one point (haven't looked to see if spec sheets are out there yet). I would be able to live with something like that on only 3G for a year, no problem.

So what is your backup plan?

Side note: Will anybody be upgrading from a DX or Dinc and want to get rid of it for relatively cheap between the 24-28th if, in the wording of Verizon, "Thunder doesn't Strike" by then? :)

That's only half serious, but if you're actually interested, talk to me in private, not here.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade isn't up yet (well, my contract... anyway. I can upgrade now at a discounted price) until end of April. So I'll play the waiting game and stick to my ****ty BB Tour until then. Hopefully alot of options will have opened up to me by then and I'll be happy smiley face. Awesome.

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me to be honest. I don't have a deadline as to when should I get a new phone.

It comes when it comes, but one thing is for sure - I will not waste my current upgrade on a non-LTE phone.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I love apple except when it comes to phones. I think Android is top dog. But i do think apple makes a solid device.

I'll admit that what they make is high quality in the physical sense, but what's on the inside tends to be garbage for the price you pay. If it was a competitive price for what they provide, they would probably be held much higher in my regard (although I'd still like Android better). The fact that they overprice EVERYTHING they sell by hundreds of dollars for no reason other than the shiny chrome back that they put on it is ridiculous and unrespectable.

Stein357

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There's no deadline for me, I'm fed up with AT&T and I love my unlocked Desire when I had it, the hardware was just out of date, internal storage kept running out of room for apps, so I sold it and went back to an iPhone.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Feb 24th is the last day I'll play the waiting game. If there isn't, at the VERY least, an official Verizon Wireless announcement by that date about the phone be launched in the first week of March (at the absolute latest), I'm moving on to something else. This phone would be noticeably obsolete within 6-8 months of buying it, which is just ridiculous.

With Nvidia making a HUGE splash into the SoC market as of late, they are really pushing the envelope & competition. Soon, MOST phones will be "obselete" 6-8 months after they are released, not just the TBolt. Nvidia appears to be canning & skipping their original roadmap of Tegra2 '3D' and going straight to Tegra3... THIS year.

Welcome to one of the now fasting maturing, and perhaps most exciting, technology sector going on right now. :)

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The TB is on track for the 24th.

If you go to this link a BB employee posted a picture of his terminal which shows an in stock date of the 21st for the TB:

Best Buy Details - Android Forums

Two people already beat me to saying it, but the same screen said 2/14 last week. So I'm not even taking that into my memory banks as information. Just a picture of a thing.

And about the Atrix: If anything, in my opinion, it's a plastic phone with less capabilities and almost the exact same specs. Sounds like another gust in the wind to me. TBolt is FAR superior, if you're only looking at the physical build alone. And then there's the network... Lol.