It'll be worth the wait

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I swear that's the most beautiful handheld device I've ever seen.

If I didn't have a Nexus One with unlimited data on AT&T, I'd get the Thunderbolt at launch. I can't give up the Nexus' free wifi hotspot for use with my Xoom.

Any chance of using the Thunderbolt as a free wifi hotspot since it can be bought with an unlimited data plan?

I think with root or may even the dinc trick will give you a free hotspot.

Reactions: Air Force One

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I got to hold one a few days ago, too. I really like how it felt in the hand. Weight was hard to judge, but the size was right where I want it to be. The kickstand sucked, but I realize that part isn't anywhere close to the real thing.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I think with root or may even the dinc trick will give you a free hotspot.
Holy smokes, i don't even know what the hell the Droid Incred trick is(I have a Nexus One) but I like the sound of it.:D Plus I forgot the Thunderbolt is already rooted(if I remember right)

my blood is starting to pump...if when this thing releases folks can confirm free wifi hotspot, I'm IN!! :D

slap that HTC extended battery in there and I'm ready to rock. I had a hacked sense ROM on my Nexus for awhile and really fell in love with it. Was just too buggy tho. I REALLY want this device...it seems built like a tank and with an extended battery+Sense+ HTC build quality, I think it's going to be a fantastic device.

Jorenm

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Could someone explain why so many people are excited about the thunderbolt? I'm not really seeing how it's so much better than an evo? It's going to be a snapdragon alongside tegra 2s. It's outdated before it even comes out.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Could someone explain why so many people are excited about the thunderbolt? I'm not really seeing how it's so much better than an evo? It's going to be a snapdragon alongside tegra 2s. It's outdated before it even comes out.

It has a cool name....
It looks cool....
It smells cool....

Need I say more?

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Kind of? I just see more excitement for this device than any other on this site, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
For me personally: I have a Nexus One and this would be a major upgrade. Newer Gen Snapdragon over the Nexus and EVO.. Newer GPU than both EVO and Nexus. Bigger screen than the Nexus, more RAM than either the EVO or Nexus. EVO has more plastic while the Thunderbolt is Aluminum. The 4G is real LTE 4G, not Sprint's WiMax.

In my area all the Sprint stores are in the "bad' part of town and I'd rather get a Thunderbolt on Verizon with newer internals than go out of my way to a smaller network with spotty coverage with fewer outlets and second rate 4G network.

I don't need a dual core phone so much anymore as I have the Xoom. I just want a nice upgraded phone and the Thunderbolt is perfect. It really only lacks two things when it comes down to it: 1. qHD screen, and 2. dual core... and any device could always use more RAM.

Oh and the Thunderbolt comes with a preinstalled 32GB SD card...can't beat that.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
For me personally: I have a Nexus One and this would be a major upgrade. Newer Gen Snapdragon over the Nexus and EVO.. Newer GPU than both EVO and Nexus. Bigger screen than the Nexus, more RAM than either the EVO or Nexus. EVO has more plastic while the Thunderbolt is Aluminum. The 4G is real LTE 4G, not Sprint's WiMax.

In my area all the Sprint stores are in the "bad' part of town and I'd rather get a Thunderbolt on Verizon with newer internals than go out of my way to a smaller network with spotty coverage with fewer outlets and second rate 4G network.

I don't need a dual core phone so much anymore as I have the Xoom. I just want a nice upgraded phone and the Thunderbolt is perfect. It really only lacks two things when it comes down to it: 1. qHD screen, and 2. dual core... and any device could always use more RAM.

Oh and the Thunderbolt comes with a preinstalled 32GB SD card...can't beat that.

Besides all these specs, one reason why I am waiting for this "just another EVO" is that TB is on Verizon and I'm not switching to any other carrier.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
actually the newer gen snapdragon processors can compete with the tegra 2, it's quite impressive IMHO. I give kudos to Qualcomm. The tegra is still young though I'll wait till it gets better before I but into dual core other than a tablet. 2012 will be the year for dual and quad core phones. I just want the Thunderbolt because it can hang with the dual core phones, and the fact that I love the form factor of it.

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't take the Verizon rep's word!

I too went to a Verizon store and I too was told that the local reps had been trained and they too had also told me that the phone was to be released within a couple of weeks.

1st time was January 27, 2nd time was February 10th and the 3rd time on February 20th by the same rep that I talked to on January 27th. On all three occasions, I was told the exact same thing. "I just went though the training in the last week and the phone will be released withing the next couple of weeks."

Hmmmmm... The same rep!!!! Do you see a pattern?

I wonder if the actual training that they get isn't the training to say "I just received the training and the phone will be released in the next couple of weeks. "

Some reliable sources these reps are! NOT!

This is just my two cents! There are no reliable sources

canito

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi AisforAustin.
What city of the bay area is ? I'm @ San Jose and will love to see and feel the phone as well .... Thanks in advance.