A Statement, that we kinda knew

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I rarely believe in conspiracies. That's giving people too much credit, and you'd have to believe a large number of people are all involved. Seems very unlikely.

There's thin line between conspiracy and rumor. It only has to be good and the people will do the rest. For example all early rumor dates on thunderbolt.

Last edited:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
"mid-february" was not a rumor. It was on the official news released by Best Buy on their website. But of course, it was official from Best Buy but not official from VZW.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
February wasn't a rumor, the first version of the ad verizon put on youtube clearly said coming February at the bottom, but that ad was removed within a week when they realized there wasn't any chance of it happening this month and February became coming soon

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You call that talking to someone? Talking at this point (to me) would be providing the waiting-with-baited-breath-customers some real information. All they did was to confirm what we already know which is pretty much nothing about a release.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling its all about the IPhone. I think they ordered a gazillion Iphones thinking people were going to blow the doors out and it simply didn't happen to the extent they thought. The introduction of the Thunderbolt is going to make the IPhone look like less of the "latest thing" and further erode IPhone sales so they are holding the Thunderbolt back so they can rid themselves of more Iphones.

Last edited:

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Or, like someone else stated, the unsold iPhones sitting in stock leaves no room for the Thunderbolts to sit.

That's my theory too!

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's not really official unless VZW say.

Who is VZW? Because to me, they are the people in the stores.... and they are their exclusive brick and mortal retailer (Best Buy).

When Samsung is coming out with a new TV, I don't go to Samsung.com to see if it was replaced, I go to Best Buy and ask them when they are going to get it.

Many other people think the same way. We're internet junkies so we think it must come from the mothership.

Also, consider that Best Buy did pre-orders and a press release citing Mid February, I am sure that they did that with VZW Corporate blessing.

Do you think the guy that updates Verizonwireless.com is empowered to release it? Does the CEO need to send it out? Does he need to read it into a microphone?

This "It's not official till Verizon says it" stuff is ridiculous. Verizon is a massive corporation... who really has authority to tell customers?

Reactions: zshazz

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
February wasn't a rumor, the first version of the ad verizon put on youtube clearly said coming February at the bottom, but that ad was removed within a week when they realized there wasn't any chance of it happening this month and February became coming soon

exactly everybody also seems to forget that i never take info from best buy seriously anyway but in Verizon's own ad it did say February and that ad did make it to television as well not only youtube granted it didn't get played on TV very much most said coming soon but i did in fact see it aired saying February

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Who is VZW? Because to me, they are the people in the stores.... and they are their exclusive brick and mortal retailer (Best Buy).

When Samsung is coming out with a new TV, I don't go to Samsung.com to see if it was replaced, I go to Best Buy and ask them when they are going to get it.

Many other people think the same way. We're internet junkies so we think it must come from the mothership.

Also, consider that Best Buy did pre-orders and a press release citing Mid February, I am sure that they did that with VZW Corporate blessing.

Do you think the guy that updates Verizonwireless.com is empowered to release it? Does the CEO need to send it out? Does he need to read it into a microphone?

This "It's not official till Verizon says it" stuff is ridiculous. Verizon is a massive corporation... who really has authority to tell customers?

if you consider best buy official well then your just um never mind i'll hold back so i don't get in trouble by Cory Streater again, either way it is in fact not official until its stated by VZW in a press conference new advertising material sent out from VZW found on verizon wireless website something of that nature, sorry clerks behind a counter anywere and Best Buy in any fashion alone is not official common sense really

Reactions: bunique4life05

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just want the phone! At this point I just want them to release it some time in March. Which, based on the latest leaks, seems very likely...

The day the phone comes out, I'll be there to buy it and will spend the next couple of days fondling... I mean using it and showing it off to all the iPhone owners I know.

That being said, there better not be any problems with it or I'll never hear the end of it from my iPhone owning friends :)