Is the TB still worth it, even in a non LTE area?

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
One thing you will get with the Droid X that the TB doesn’t have yet and wont for a really long time is: TONS of user knowledge and user support, along with a huge selection of accessories that have been tried and tested.

its a htc phone. the devs will jump on this phone.

one thing you'll get with the thunderbolt that you wont get from the DroidX is a unlockable bootloader ;)

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
to clarify. 4g does not kill the battery, having 4g and 3g on simultaneously is what kills the battery. the evdo radio uses more battery than the lte one.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible S (or 2) is rumored to be coming to Verizon. In effect this phone is almost identical to the TBolt with the exception of LTE and the 4.3 screen (the Inc S is 4-in). So if LTE is not an option and the screen size is not a deal breaker, the Incredible S/2 might be a very good alternative. I don't know when it will be released but I think rumors are putting it within the next few months.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Incredible S (or 2) is rumored to be coming to Verizon. In effect this phone is almost identical to the TBolt with the exception of LTE and the 4.3 screen (the Inc S is 4-in). So if LTE is not an option and the screen size is not a deal breaker, the Incredible S/2 might be a very good alternative. I don't know when it will be released but I think rumors are putting it within the next few months.

Just don't get surprised if it gets "delayed" just like like the Thunderbolt. :D

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just don't get surprised if it gets "delayed" just like like the Thunderbolt. :D

I don't think I'll be surprised unless it's early. :)

Although, there were rumors that the issue with the "delay" on the TBolt was to give Verizon a chance to make sure the LTE network will be able to handle the release. If there is any truth to that, that wouldn't be an issue with the Incredible 2.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty