Issue with SD Card???

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

First, this phone is awesome!

Don't know if I have a bad SD card or if it is a bug.

I have the phone plugged into my computer and it is set on charge only.

I backed up my DroidX SD Card last night and I was going to copy ringtones to my new phone.

I changed from Charge Only to Disk Drive and copied my files over.

Changed back to Charge Only.

When I went to find my copied ringtones, they are not found. In the notification bar, it says that the SD card is damaged and needs to be formatted. WTF?? So I reformatted and BTW, it takes a long time.

Repeated the process and it did the same thing again.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or could I possibly have a bad SD card.

Or could this be a bug that is corrupting the SD card when going from charge only to disk drive?

It could also be a false positive too. After it reformats this time, I will change back to disk drive to see if the information is still there and if it really is in fact damaged.

Ras Moke

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have spent hours on a similar issue. In the middle of syncing songs via TuneSync, I get an error message saying that my SD Card was unexpectedly removed.

I've reformatted the SD Card twice and get the error. It's a pain in the butt.

I don't know what the issue is. I was using a Nexus S for about a month with my Mac OS X and never had a problem. I'm thinking about heading back over to the store either tomorrow or Monday and seeing what the deal is. I hope I don't have to exchange the phone because I've already spent a lot of time downloading apps, customizing widgets, shortcuts, stocks, etc.

But yea, getting some advice on this would be great.

Ras Moke

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a bunch of people are having an issue with this. I guess in the millions of SD Cards provided to HTC from Sandisk, there was the potential for some bad ones to find their way in the mix... Looks like that's what the issue is from what I see.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you take the phone back to the store and have tech support look at it. I had a slightly different problem. After I purchased the phone and went out of the store, I started playing with the phone. I saw that the sdcard was not mounting on the phone. I tried taking the sdcard out and reinserting it. Didn't work and I made my way back to the store.

The chatty tech support girl took the phone and said there were some smudges on the card and also wanted to clean the sdcard slot by using "air-blow" or something like that. After disappearing into the back of the store for ten or fifteen minutes, she said she cleaned the sdcard slot and now it seemed to be working and wanted me to check for myself. She did not stop talking while I was checking the sdcard .. she talked about my coat, and started talking about how she was waiting for skype video. The sdCard has been working perfectly since then.