Thunderbolt Problems & Solutions Tracker + Battery Tips 8/13/11

cashmoney805

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Didn't want to post a new topic, so I hope this is the right place. When I go into the phone, I'd like to call a contact by typing in their name, not number. For instance, I'd like to type 546 and have "Jim" pop up. Right now, the only way contacts show up is if i first start typing the number and then erase it and start over. Any clue how to fix this?

edit: it's a launcher pro issue if anyone is interested. Switched to Sense and it works fine.

solution: remove dialer from dock, add it back. problem fixed.

Last edited:

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that the recent update turned on the background update feature in the Blockbuster app. My battery life had been getting pretty bad and it occurred to me that the update may have reverted that setting to "enabled." It definitely helps when you shut it off. I may late to the party on this one, but I thought I'd post something anyway.

juanito

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
just wondering if it was normal for the charge to go for 100 to 96 just after a few minutes after i take it off the charger. Don't know if i should take it back since ive only had it for four days and get a new. Any ideas? :-\

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
just wondering if it was normal for the charge to go for 100 to 96 just after a few minutes after i take it off the charger. Don't know if i should take it back since ive only had it for four days and get a new. Any ideas? :-\

This is completely normal. :)

Keeping a lithium-ion battery at full charge is actually bad for the overall battery life, so once your phone reaches a 100% charge it'll begin a slow discharge/recharge cycle instead. I believe the lowest reading I've ever seen immediately after unplugging mine was 95%.

Reactions: juanito

tegan_ca

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I moved to bamf 1.6.3 remix last night and have 70% battery remaining after setting up apps and screens. I would normally have 30% battery at this point in the day with minimal use. Switching roms helped a ton for me.

ShelJW

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I moved to bamf 1.6.3 remix last night and have 70% battery remaining after setting up apps and screens. I would normally have 30% battery at this point in the day with minimal use. Switching roms helped a ton for me.

Wow.

I wonder if that gives hope that once Gingerbread is released, the TB will have better battery life?

Haven't rooted my TB. I rooted my G1, ages ago, but that was only because I really wanted to be able to store apps on the memory card, and back then, you couldn't do it!

Still on the fence about rooting the TB.:-$

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Using friend stream over twitter/facebook widgets have noticed much better battery life. You can set it to manual updates, also you don't need to open an app to look thru statuses, and its only pushing to one widget instead of two. Just a small difference if you're a heavy social networking person like myself.

Reactions: AllisonR

jodafish51

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
hi, Im new on here and got a TB yesterday. It shuts down without notice. it did it 4 times the first day I got it, and about 4 times today. what in the world is going on. I have 13 days to return it. I like the phone. however I cant function like this. I get work calls all day long, and I cant have it just shut down on me. Any info would be great. Also They told me it runs netflix at the store, but I have not been able to keep the movie playing. It starts then goes to an update that it isnt there? Cycle repeats.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Thunderbolt Problems & Solutions Tracker + Battery Tips (4/5

USB car chargers only output 500mAh - regardless of their rated output. The TB will see it as a USB host (like a PC/laptop) and will not draw any more power than that. Use a 1A car charger like this $5 charger from Motorola. The Verizon charger is rated at 750mAh out. If you're in your car using Nav or more, 750mAh will not keep up. The wall charger pushes 1A - get a car charger that matches.

So if the TB only draws 500mAh from USB chargers, does that mean it only draws 500mAh from the wall charger too? I mean, the wall charger in-the-box is a USB cable that plugs into a USB converter... so does it?

Vincetybor

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Very weird. So I got my wife a TB a couple weeks ago. As I left the store it promted me to update. I did. I'm 100% sure. Then a couple days ago she was prompted for another update! I got excited and ran to my TB cause I thought it was the GB update. She hit yes or whatever to instal but nothing was loading in the notification bar. But now her screen rotates sideways with all her home screen even the call, menu, and personolize is rotated corectley. Even the htc weather is rotated once opened and when you pinch to see all 7 home screens its rotated??? How did she do that. Ive checked all her settings and softwhere info and its all the same as mine.. Anybody know how the hell her phone does that???

Last edited:

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

If you turn your display brightness to half its full. Your battery lasts about times longer. The screen doesn't even look that much different

CaptDigB

May 9, 2010
Visit site

Number 1 tip for battery life is stop checking it every five min. No update will fix it the display uses up all the power.

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

i think this bad battery issue is related to how the Tbolt determine what percentage it has left on battery life. I had my phone shut off at around 3% ... i did a battery pull and start it back up and phone was reading 19%.

For every restart it eats 3% battery life.

just tibid info

InSiDe

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

The only problem I've had w/ my th was that a few days ago it stopped notifying me I had emails. I ing use it for that purpose so it got old having to open my email and refresh. I had to pull the battery to get it to start notifying me again. Other than that I love this phone. But I am new to smart phones. My last phone was a basic flip phone. The gz1. It is a solid dependable phone and I had used it for years. But I got the tech bug and had to get a fancy phone. I started rooting it and it was interrupted and won't start again. I realy want to get rid of some of the junk it came with and get netflix.

dmcpilot

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

The last OTA update has screwed up my data connections. My wife has a TB that we got at the same time, but she didn't run the update on her phone. Now, where she gets 4G, I'm lucky to get 3G or sometimes nothing.

Took it to VZW...we've hard reset and even swapped the sim card...no joy. The store called tech support and they were aware but had no fix...said there would be a fix coming "soon"...may be forced to get another phone and try again...

The TB was great til the update...I'm NOT happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty