Standalone battery chargers?

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Are there any Standalone battery chargers for the Thunderbolt? It'd be nice if I could charge my battery while my extended battery is in use, and vice versa.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Are there any Standalone battery chargers for the Thunderbolt? It'd be nice if I could charge my battery while my extended battery is in use, and vice versa.

I just order the one from Seidio. Their batteries stink, but their cases and belt clips are some of the best.....I'll let you know how the battery charger is in a few days.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Frank you should have gone to page 2 where Anubis CONFIRMED that it works.
Unfortunately, Anubis did not mention that for it to work you had to purchase an additional item - the "Multi-Function Accessory Kit" specific for the ThunderBolt. This adds an additional $13 to the original $30 purchase price for a total of $43 plus shipping and Tax, if any.

Be careful you get the correct "accessory kit", there are many.

[HERE] Scroll to the bottom of the page, last item listed is for the ThunderBolt.

I didn't know about the accessory kit at first, so I had to place another order today for the ThunderBolt accessory kit.

-Frank

Reactions: RetiredJedi

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
According to the email I got from Seido technical the adapter plate comes with the BD3-BCSI3HTMEC-BK and will accomadate the extended battery.

FrankXS you only need the plate if you already own a charger and need it for the Thunderbolt device

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
According to the email I got from Seido technical the adapter plate comes with the BD3-BCSI3HTMEC-BK and will accomadate the extended battery.
Well, that's nice that it comes with the BD3-BCSI3HTMEC-BK, but according to the website, for the ThunderBolt, you need the "BD2-BCSCBU-HTMEC".

As for any reference to "extended battery" regarding the plate number you listed (which I could not find on their site) they're probably talking about the Seidio extended battery, not the OEM HTC ThunderBolt Extended battery.

-Frank

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

FrankXS you only need the plate if you already own a charger and need it for the Thunderbolt device
As I re-review their site now... (They didn't have the ThunderBolt stuff up there at first) I think I see the problem.

The part number you quoted (BD3-BCSI3HTMEC-BK) is actually the part number of the Multi-Function charger WITH the Thunderbolt Plate. I'm not sure if that item was listed a few days ago when I placed my order. I may have ordered that, or something for another phone :)

Apparently, when you order you can buy the $30 charger with the adapter for your specific phone. And you only need to buy another "plate" if you need a different size for a different phone.

I'm not sure now if the fully compatible ThunderBolt Charger was on their website when I ordered it. It should be here Friday the 1st of April. I'll find out then. If so, I could cancel my order for the additional ThunderBolt plate due the next day (or simply refuse it via FedEx). However, since it also comes with a USB cable, I dunno... maybe I'll keep it anyway. Can always use an extra one of those.

Oh the perils of being an early adopter :)

Thanks for giving me the motivation to keep researching. Wish I had done a little more before placing my order.

EDIT: Holy crap! I just reviewed my Seido shipping email alert and what do you know! I DID order the correct thing to begin with (the part number you quoted). Geeze, what a pain... I gotta stop letting myself get carried away when I'm shopping online. :)

-Frank

Last edited:

fullmerdvm

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
+1 on the new trent external charger, however i opted for the 5000mah....as cheap as an additional battery, but a heck of a lot bigger and i don't have to swap out batteries....i love mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non