Battery Use: Voice Calls

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, something beat out "Display" as my battery hog for once!

Voice Calls somehow took 42% of my battery of the course of the day (last 14 hours without charging) while display was at 35% (couple of radio apps, standby, and the other uncontrollables took up the rest). I made 3, THREE, phone calls all day! How does that even make sense? One was speaker phone, the rest were phone to ear and in-call volume just below half (because I don't enjoy going deaf). However, even with that being the case... 14 hours and this was a bad day. Sitting at 11% battery now and it's going to charge overnight. I'm ok with 14, having listened to JazzRadio and The Drive pretty much all day through my phone (almost 3/4gb of music streamed today!)

I'm on the Stock ROM/1.2ghz Kernel for what it's worth. Never seen phone calls eat up this much of the battery before... Wow. Luckily it didn't ruin the battery life, it just hogged what was used.

Has this been common for anyone else? Or does anyone have any insight? v_v

Edit: Battery just hit 10% a second ago, and something is funky... in that short time, battery usage of the "Voice Calls" category dropped all the way to 38%. I'm so confused. >.<

Last edited:

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You forgot the most important part.... How long were the phone calls? :) if they were 3hrs each it makes sense LOL.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
There's something up with the radio on this phone. When it's in use in certain areas for me, it draws an unbelievable amount of power.

Earlier today I had mobile data enabled and I saw the phone drawing 900+mA screen off through current widget ... the phone was occasionally downloading/syncing something through 3g. I turned off mobile data, bam, 40mA screen off power.

It went from visibly dropping %s of battery to not dropping even 1% over 2 hours.

I'm hoping we'll see a radio update that fixes that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa