Why did I get the thunderbolt?

voytekx

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon with my new Thunderbolt!

I went to Verizon today to look at the Thunderbolt since I was looking for a new phone (coming from HTC Touch Pro 2). The rep walked up to me and told me they just got the Droid Charge and showed it to me. It couldn't be a tougher choice, but I ended up purchasing the Thunderbolt.

To me there were only 2 things that were making it a tough decision for me 1. Battery Life 2. HTC Sense. And I do have to say I loved the HTC Sense a lot more than being afraid about battery life.

Just thought I'd share with you all.

Love the forums!

I'm off to reading all the Thunderbolt threads, but any tips/tricks are appreciated!

voytekx

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I gotta say, this thing is FAST!! I'm getting really good reception too. Full bars on 4G and I'm sitting in my basement. Way better than my Touch Pro 2!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I gotta say, this thing is FAST!! I'm getting really good reception too. Full bars on 4G and I'm sitting in my basement. Way better than my Touch Pro 2!

The 700 MHz frequency that Verizon uses for LTE provides great indoor coverage. Also, battery life is pretty good if you're willing to take steps to manage the phone's power usage.

voytekx

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

voytekx

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The 700 MHz frequency that Verizon uses for LTE provides great indoor coverage. Also, battery life is pretty good if you're willing to take steps to manage the phone's power usage.

I do have to say that I thought the battery would be worse, but after a day of use it's not that bad. I unplugged my phone at 8:30am and just plugged it in at 7pm with 30% left (all day on 4G). It wasn't heavy use, but from everything I was reading online I was a little worried. Not anymore though!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The 700 MHz frequency that Verizon uses for LTE provides great indoor coverage.

IMO, I wouldn't call the indoor range that great. I work in a hospital and I'm on the 3rd floor about 20 feet away from the windows and I have 4G. Sweet, right? If I go down to the 2nd floor in the EXACT same spot I get no network at all. What a goof.

Jcarlton74

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Great choice! I bought the TB about 2 weeks ago and then started seeing banners for the Charge... I was a little upset cuz i shoulda waited to see if the charge would be better. Then i clicked on a banner to read into the charge and noticed it was made by Samsung... I was glad i didnt wait for the charge! After coming from the Fascinate and before that the Omnia, i would not buy another Samsung phone. The Fascinate had terrible support (it just got froyo less than a month ago) and the Omnia was just a major POS. I love this phone, dont get me wrong... Theres things that need to be better, its not perfect, but i am so much more happy with this phone than i have been with either samsung phone.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Congrats, just make sure not to install those apps that drain your battery very fast if you do not need them. Many keep running in the background. Tweak your phone a little bit and you will be happier with the TB.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.